Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optimizing scanned printed artwork....

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by Shovelhead, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    Quick tips please for optimizing and reducing printing morays please in P-Shop??!!!!

:thankyou:

Tags:
  2. cptcorn

cptcorn adad

Jul 16, 2007
    Two Harbors
    You might find more help by searching for moire rather than moray. That's the only help I can offer.

3. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    Thanks Mr. Fancy French man.

Attached Files:

4. GK

GK Very Active Member

Apr 30, 2007
    NYC
    Depending on the moiré pattern, assuming its a print from a magazine or offset press of some form or another the best thing you can do is use the gaussian blur, you might have to toy with the slider somewhat until you find something suitable, then you can scale it back by going to edit < fade gaussian blur and use a blending method like a hard light.

5. cptcorn

cptcorn adad

Jul 16, 2007
    Two Harbors
    lol... I'm not a fan of the French... I'd rather be refered to as Mr Ardent & Amorous American Man

6. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    .2 (or so) gaussian blur on each channel separately - just enough that you see it knocking out the pattern, then I use unsharp mask on the composite picture to bring back some of the detail. usually on an 80%, .5, 3 threshold