• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Options for Apple and sc-500....

ffokazak

Hey guys,

Jsut picked up a Sc-500 taht as far as I can tell is in great shape. Heads all fire perfectly, and so far test prints have been ok. {besides the colour profile being off, but I havent really searched those out yet}

My questions are mainly about programs. Included in the sale was a legal copy of Flexi 8. Much to my dismay, it only included the Windows version. I am a long time Mac user, and in an effort to avoid the classic battle of PC/Mac, it is what I prefer, you are entitled to your choice! :)

My questions revolve around Flexi, and Mac. I am under the impression that there is a Mac version of this program. I used to run a Gx-24 off of an old Power PC, and I just would cut through Illustrator {My bread and butter for design programs}. This worked great.

I am wondering if the program would work with the Dongle I have for my PC version? If so would it simply be a matter of dowloading the Flexi 8 for mac? I looked at the SAint.net site, and they did not have program downloads. It seems to me you buy the Dongle, and the software is useless without it. Does anyone have a lead on where that would be available?

And I suppose while I have your attention, IF the dongle is Windows specific, what are my options for running this old beast on a Mac? Are there other programs that could let me run and print through Illustrator like I had been doing?

Thanks for your time guys! I look forward to learning a new avenue of my business. If anyone is interested in Screen printing that is what I am highly skilled at! Feel free to ask~!

Thanks a ton.

sfr table hockey

I never looked into it but if Colorchoice can still be downloaded for the Mac, you can use that to cut and print direct from Illustrator. Even though you don't need to add your files to Colorchoice, it still uses it for all your profiles and print settings, when you hit print from Illustrator. When I did use Colorchoice I found it easier to get the print and cut to work going right from Illustrator.

Can't help on the other questions.

Last resort is to just have a dedicated laptop or PC computer to run the printer and still design on the Mac.

ffokazak

Thanks!

Ok thanks for the lead! I am going to try and source out that program.

I wouldn't mind the PC..... But it crashes consistently. If I try to RIP and print from the Flexi Designer, it crashes. If I print directly from the Manager it prints half of the image, and stops.

Yugg.....

At least with Illustrator I know it inside and out.

Now to find that program!