Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optix profile help

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by signguy27, Mar 18, 2008.

1. signguy27

signguy27 Member

Oct 23, 2007
    I can't get a profile to work with Optix smooth banner to save my life!! i have a Mutoh Outdoor Jr., and i was woundering if anyone can send me on the right direction to getting this stuff to just print decently. It is banding really bad, and the colors are not consistant at all. ex. the black will fade to a lighter black and then go back to a bold good black, but it dose this with all colors. any help would be very much appreciated, i have to get this dam banner out some time tommorow. i am using flexi 8.1 and the 13oz banner material. i can'd even find a Optix web site or anything that has to do with this brand.. thanks for the help, have a good one!

Tags:
  2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Output profiles cannot be the cause of what you are describing (solid colors shifting to lighter and then back again. I would look at the media (inconsistent surface coatings?) or the printer itself (nozzle problems) to be more likely suspects.

Bob

3. signguy27

signguy27 Member

Oct 23, 2007
    thanks bob, it cant be a printer problem, it prints fine on vinyl. i have had concern about it being the material messed up. at first i was thinking that it was oil from my hands loading it, so i used gloves, and cut like 4 feet off of the roll after loading it, still same problem. i am using a 3951g profile and i was wondering what changes people have been doing(to the ICC profile) to make a decent profile..

4. signguy27

signguy27 Member

Oct 23, 2007
    bumpedy bump bump

5. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

I use a gloss vinyl profile (3551) for gloss banners and a matte vinyl profile for matte banners.Turn the heaters down if you are getting banding. Try a printing a sample bi-directional and uni-direction to see if the inks are drying too quickly.