• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Optix profile help

signguy27

I can't get a profile to work with Optix smooth banner to save my life!! i have a Mutoh Outdoor Jr., and i was woundering if anyone can send me on the right direction to getting this stuff to just print decently. It is banding really bad, and the colors are not consistant at all. ex. the black will fade to a lighter black and then go back to a bold good black, but it dose this with all colors. any help would be very much appreciated, i have to get this dam banner out some time tommorow. i am using flexi 8.1 and the 13oz banner material. i can'd even find a Optix web site or anything that has to do with this brand.. thanks for the help, have a good one!

Output profiles cannot be the cause of what you are describing (solid colors shifting to lighter and then back again. I would look at the media (inconsistent surface coatings?) or the printer itself (nozzle problems) to be more likely suspects.

Bob

signguy27

thanks bob, it cant be a printer problem, it prints fine on vinyl. i have had concern about it being the material messed up. at first i was thinking that it was oil from my hands loading it, so i used gloves, and cut like 4 feet off of the roll after loading it, still same problem. i am using a 3951g profile and i was wondering what changes people have been doing(to the ICC profile) to make a decent profile..

Jackpine

I use a gloss vinyl profile (3551) for gloss banners and a matte vinyl profile for matte banners.Turn the heaters down if you are getting banding. Try a printing a sample bi-directional and uni-direction to see if the inks are drying too quickly.