• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 290F - Why Forward Wound & How To Web

Sign Works

Holy crap, I'm at my wits end here. I spent several hours today trying to successfully run Oracal 290F through my GBC Titan laminator, end result was extreme frustration and a LOT of wasted lam film. I have run many rolls of 210 & 290 which are reverse wound, the 290F is forward wound, WHY? I think I'm overlooking something basic to do with the webbing but can't figure it out for the life of me. The problem is that the lam film is traveling up to the release liner rewind roll along with the release liner no matter how much tension I apply to the upper unwind shaft (film supply), this tension normally prevents this when running reverse wound media. Just got home a bit ago and checked another pamphlet that came with the laminator and one diagram is showing the release liner feeding onto the release liner rewind roll from the opposite side than I normally use, that really dosen't make sense seems that roll only spins one way. Anyone else ever have difficulties running forward wound lam films?

Oh ya, WTH is up with the saran wrap release liner? That crap is awful!

cdiesel

On our laminator, you can control the speed of the liner take-up reel. When we have the issue you describe we just have to slow the take-up spool down.

That is a very thin liner. That's how they get it to be optically clear, though. It's all in the liner not stipling the adhesive.

Sign Works

Just puzzles the heck out of me, seems as though the release liner rewind is running faster than the main feed. Maybe I'll try increasing the main speed although it seems odd that I do not encounter this problem with the reverse wound rolls. Was hoping someone else had previously encountered this same situation and could point out what it is I'm overlooking. Tomorrow is another day, it is now time to fry up some pork chops UMMMMMMM YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!

cdiesel

Probably has something to do with the amount of friction/tension is generated by the unwinding. I dunno!

phototec

Just puzzles the heck out of me, seems as though the release liner rewind is running faster than the main feed. Maybe I'll try increasing the main speed although it seems odd that I do not encounter this problem with the reverse wound rolls. Was hoping someone else had previously encountered this same situation and could point out what it is I'm overlooking. Tomorrow is another day, it is now time to fry up some pork chops UMMMMMMM YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!

Sign Works, do you remember your post back in Feb 2007, I was serching 101 and found it?

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13558

:help

Sign Works

Sign Works, do you remember your post back in Feb 2007, I was serching 101 and found it?

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13558

:help

Phototec, thank you so much. "THE GRIPPER FEET" I just went back and read my own post and found what I was overlooking, it's the direction of the gripper feer holding the lam roll itself. Being forward wound it nedds to be reversed on that shaft so when I apply tension the roll of lam is just spinning and not gripping to allow tension to be applied. I just need to reverse the direction of the spools with the gripper feet, AAHAH!:thumb: