• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Oracal 3258 New Decal/Sticker vinyl

TomK

Oracal sent me a printed sample of their new 3258 sticker/decal vinyl, stuff looks pretty good, but I'm more impressed with the print quality.

Anyone have someone on the inside at Orcal that can find out what printer they used to print these samples on?

Also, I can't tell if this is laminated or not, anyone else get the sample that can tell if has an overlam on it or not?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 669
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 585

Evan Gillette

My sample was just a print and contour of the Orafol logo, not particularly impressive in the quality department but not bad either. Pretty standard quality for a newer uv. Mine is not laminated, different texture between printed area and un-printed media. It does seem like a good option for cheap decals though, nice and rigid.

TomK

My sample was just a print and contour of the Orafol logo, not particularly impressive in the quality department but not bad either. Pretty standard quality for a newer uv. Mine is not laminated, different texture between printed area and un-printed media. It does seem like a good option for cheap decals though, nice and rigid.

Wonder why they didn't send everything the pony and did some of just the logo, that's odd.

Not sure mine is UV printed, the ink doesn't feel raised.

JPR-5690

I ordered a roll of the 3258 matte to print contour cut stickers on. I used an HP 560 and was actually pretty disappointed with the image quality.

Even after a printhead alignment and optimizer calibration I was getting random "blurry" areas on areas with simple line detail or text unless I ran it at 600 dpi.

I also noticed that the back of release liner was scuffed/dirty after going through the plotter and that would transfer onto other vinyl after we stacked the cut sheets.

The rigidity is nice, but for almost the exact same price I prefer to use LexJets Simple Adhesive SUV which works flawlessly for me.

TomK

I tried the LexJet Simple Adhesive SUV on my 315, and had nothing but problems.

It kept bunching up as it exits the platen and onto the heater and would cause head strikes. I used their profile for it too.

The print quality was good, not sure if I needed to change something in the profile like the vacuum setting or what not, but I got frustrated and stopped using it.

Tom

JPR-5690

I tried the LexJet Simple Adhesive SUV on my 315, and had nothing but problems.

It kept bunching up as it exits the platen and onto the heater and would cause head strikes. I used their profile for it too.

The print quality was good, not sure if I needed to change something in the profile like the vacuum setting or what not, but I got frustrated and stopped using it.

Tom

I was running into issues with it at point, but after having similar issues with several other medias as well I figured out the problem was the humidity levels in the area fluctuating so much (east coast summers are Swamp City, USA). I set up a dehumidifier next to my rolls of media/printer, started being a nazi about the AC, and everything started working smoothly.

The 560 is a little different from the 315 since it has a longer curing zone, but I would feed about 10 inches of media past the print platten before printing.

If you want to DM me I can send you my profile.

TomK

I was running into issues with it at point, but after having similar issues with several other medias as well I figured out the problem was the humidity levels in the area fluctuating so much (east coast summers are Swamp City, USA). I set up a dehumidifier next to my rolls of media/printer, started being a nazi about the AC, and everything started working smoothly.

The 560 is a little different from the 315 since it has a longer curing zone, but I would feed about 10 inches of media past the print platten before printing.

If you want to DM me I can send you my profile.

Thanks will DM you now, I keep the same humidity and temp settings for the most part in my print room.

It would happen even with 2 or 3 feet or more already printed, just bunched up, and I manually have to babysit it as it exits to keep it from bunching up since I don't have a take up reel.