Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oracal 352 Chrome no imprint on back!?

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by SublimeVizion, Apr 23, 2013.

1. SublimeVizion

SublimeVizion New Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Hawaii
    Hi guys. I just bought a roll of Oracal 352 Chrome and noticed that there was no "Oracal" imprint on the back. Also when I compare it to the previous roll I had the backing seems to feel a lot more slick almost like it has a wax coating. The previous roll I had cut well but with this new roll, when doing finer detailed stuff, the corners cuts are lifting really bad. Anyone out there know if Oracal sells rolls with no imprint on the back or did I get scammed? The website labeled it as "Oracal" so I was assuming i'd get Oracal lol. Thanks.

Tags:
  2. royster13

royster13 Very Active Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Montrose BC
    Is the dealer you bought it from listed on the Oracal website?....

3. SublimeVizion

SublimeVizion New Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Hawaii
    Yes they are. I don't really want to say their name because I have had a good experience with them thus far but this roll of vinyl is looking pretty fishy to me but I wanted to make sure that it's not a roll of Oracal before I give them a call.

4. SublimeVizion

SublimeVizion New Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Hawaii
    Does Oracal, in any instance, distribute rolls with no imprints of their name on the back? The back of the roll is completely blank and like I said it has a waxy feel to it.

5. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Have you called you supplier and asked if you have gotten the correct item?

Maybe someone pulled the incorrect item!

6. bloobird0

bloobird0 Member

Feb 8, 2010
    France
    I have some Oracal 352 roll here (gold, chrome), no marking on the backing paper. I'm in France, bought these from French and German suppliers.

7. amw

amw Member

Ours is blank also.