• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 3850 - Best method of installation to Polycarbonate

MrSalumi

Well I have to say this is my first time working with 3850 and apart from it being VERY sensitive to contaminates I generally like it.

I was messing around with a piece of scrap material and noticed that the adhesive is VERY tacky on new polycarbonate. I tried using some fluid which produced pretty poor results. Should I use the laminator and hinge it?

What method do you all use or prefer to install 3850 to polycarbonate.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This is the only case we use the wet method purposely.

We flood the substrate and then mist the adhesive side and just squeegee the sh!t out of it. Hard squeegee, not soft. You wanna get ALL the fluid out before it starts drying under there.

MrSalumi

So I called Oracal and they suggested either lightly wetting it or using a laminator dry... I think I am leaning toward using the laminator dry.. Am I crazy?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's really up to you.

Not knowing your level of expertise, could be hard for anyone to really coach you in either direction. I can only speak for myself and what we do at our shop.:rock-n-roll: