• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 3850 Series Translucent Vinyl

SignManiac

Does it come in a rapid air release version?

I just tried the regular and had a hell of a time getting it down dry without bubbles or squeegee marks? Even wet it went down like crap.

phototec

No it doesn't...

What are you using for application fluid?

We had bunch of long sign faces we were concerned about running through the laminator a while back and did them wet instead with Rapid Tac and it worked like a charm

The adhesive IS really aggressive so you really have to soak it like crazy (and the substrate), then start squeegeeing with light pressure and then work your way to full (as hard as you can) pressure.

I'm not sure if you're talking shape cut graphics or full panels, but if you're worried about scratching w/ squeegee premask the graphic, apply using technique above, remove pre-mask right after and go after the rogue bubbles if they're still around.

Hope that all makes sense - I know what you mean about it leaving tons of bubbles. (I wouldn't attempt to apply the stuff dry unless it was a small line of text, in which case I would use a speedball hard roller)

:goodpost:All good points above, I highly recommend using Rapid Tac application fluid for Oracal 3850.

I use a microfiber covered squeegee saturated with Rapid Tac fluid to eliminate surfaces scratches.

Attachments

• wet-edge-squeegee.jpg
    wet-edge-squeegee.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 75