• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 5600 Reflective Vinyl failure

Anyone having trouble with this reflective film, red and blue. Peeling off 2 new, clean trucks after only a month. We've done dozens before with no problems. Vinyl just recently purchased from Fellers.

Patentagosse

Similar trouble but with white printable

I just returned a roll of 5400 because even in dark colors (printed) it has a lot of white spickles (sp?) all over it, like a contaminant in the ink receptive treatment. 1st time in a decade. I returned it and got a new one from another lot. Distributor says I'm not alone with this issue. Luckily I didn't had to proove my point...

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I have not had a lot of luck out of the 5600 series stuff lately. I have had both print quality issues and peeling issues. My favorite supplier is primarily Oracal, which is why most of my vinyl is Oracal, but the 5600 line is costing me. And if I'm being honest, the 3M 680 wraps into the door jambs way better anyway, so that's what I have been buying.

natallica

Graphics Guru
Several police cruisers we've done recently have had a bunch of adhesion issues. Everything was prepped properly and cleaned with ISO. But anywhere I cut between the doors and some small text on the rear bumpers was lifting on the edges. :(

Thought it was a fluke till I saw this thread.

-N8

Gino

Premium Subscriber
In the last few months, we've lettered quite a few with 5600 and have gone through a lot since this past Spring. No problems on any of them, both solid colors or printable. One just left this morning. We do tend to hit it all with a torch, especially as the weather gets colder, but our truck bay was around 72º yesterday.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
we use either 3m or arlon and they are SUPER STICKY.
We wrapped a car in oracal and it was not sticking to the car. It was crazy. We had to take it off the car and send it over to fellers. They got with oracal and did testing on the adhesive. I"m not sure what ever came of their results but since then we havent had many problems with oracal vinyl.

As far as reflective goes. Recently, I had to wait 3 weeks for arlon reflective because they were on backorder.