• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 638 Wall art

Hi all, we are just starting to sell this product in Australia and I would like to know if anyone has used the wall art cut vinyl for internal walls and what success/failure you have had when removing it down the track and if it leaves glue behind, the data sheet does not specify a clean removable time frame.

Thanks in Advance.

knucklehead

Maybe you're thinking of 631. Been selling, installing it for a while, haven't had any adhesive residue issues, (yet). Supposed to have a two to three year window for a clean removal. Only issues I've heard back from two clients, were wall related, one (my sister, doesn't count) applied to fresh paint, application tape pulled some paint up, and another found out their wall wasn't primed before painting.

One thing to tell your clients, is to let fresh paint cure for at least 30 days before application, as far as the primer issue, who knows what's under the paint. I have some graphics on my walls around the house, and I'm kinda scared to pull them off cause I don't know how the walls were prepped, if any, before being painted.

BrianKE

You might want to check your number again. I have been looking for a similar product and the only thing Oracal offers for this application is a 631. There is a 3628 Inkjet vinyl from Oracal, but that is for printing wall art.

I did a search of the Oracal website and found nothing for 638.

CanuckSigns

looks like a european product, must just have a different numbering system, we have run into this on 3M vinyl specs from companies based in europe