• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 651 colors downgraded to 4 year durability??

Small Lettering

SmallLettering.com
Has anyone else noticed in Oracal's new color chart that the Minimum Outdoor Durability rating on 651 (intermediate) has changed? Under the specs, it says:
Black & White 6 years Transparent/Colors/Metallic 4 years Brilliant Blue 3 years

I notice on their website they have
Outdoor Durability
(based on vertical surface exposure) 6 years colors, 4 years transparent & metallic, 3 years Brilliant Blue

If 4 years is correct, that's a huge drop!!

Last edited:

showcase 66

Has anyone else noticed in Oracal's new color chart that the Minimum Outdoor Durability rating on 651 (intermediate) has changed? IUnder the specs, it says:

I notice on their website they have

If 4 years is correct, that's a huge drop!!

According to Oracal Rep I talked to a couple years ago. Here in AZ the durability is not as long as other places and they will only honor the warranty up to 1 year for product failing. Have heard that from a lot of sign guys around here. Never had a problem with anyone but I do tell them that 651 is only good for about 3 years here. Usually around the 3 year mark it will start to crack on corners.

J

john1

black and white vinyl colors are always more on a lot of manufactures

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I tell most people that intermediate is 2-3 year realistically anyway...and go with high performance vinyl.