Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oracal 651 on wood dance floor problems

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by chess24, Jun 10, 2012.

1. chess24

chess24 New Member

Oct 25, 2010
    SO i stuck a cut out design of a couples name on the dance floor for their wedding. Pulled it up this morning, and it seems to have discolored or pulled of the eurethane seal. It was oracal 651, anyone ever seen this? Everyone is pretty angry with me right now as I assured them this wouldnt harm the wooden floor.

Tags:
  2. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Ouch! 651 probably was not a good choice. Maybe something with an removable adhesive would have been a better choice.

3. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Double OUCH! Yeah 651 has a permanent adhesive... you just stripped up the urethane on the floor, and that's probably not cheap to replace.

I wouldn't have risked even a removeable adhesive on wood floors. Those things aren't cheap.

4. chess24

chess24 New Member

Oct 25, 2010
    yeah, i had 2 colors. one was oracal 631 and it was fine coming up. this sucks

5. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Ouch. Yeah, permanent adhesive vinyl = NO... a prefessionall floor refinisher should be able to recoat and blend in just that spot though. Probably will cost a couple hundred bucks to fix.

6. john1

john1 Guest

*SIGH*

The 631 has REMOVABLE ADHESIVE...The 651 does not.

Why it's important or research what material is right for certain jobs. No biggie at least now you know.