• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 651 or 631? What happened here?

NewSignmaker

I ordered a 24" roll of oracal 651 in black. When the roll came in it was matte black. As far as I know the only oracal matte material is 631, there isn't a matte black in 651. The backing paper even says 651.

What happened here? Is it actually 651 in a matte black (which I don't see available anywhere) or did they accidently get 631 on 651 backing paper?

Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I would ask the people where you bought it what gives. I'm sure they'd have a good handle on it.... or could find out in a few minutes for you.

SignosaurusRex

If you look at your color chart again, you'll see that 651 Black 070 has an asterisk next to it. That asterisk indicates "Available in Matte".

Kemble

I didn't even know Oracal made a matte black. The vendor catalogs I have don't have matte black for Oracal in any series, 631,651,751 etc

Yet, the Oracal swatch book say's it's available. Looks like my vendors have been holding out on me making my buy the Avery Matte Black.