• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 970 flatblack problem!?!

Riskok

Hello guys

I just got a batch of Oracal 970M-070.
And when i try to apply it there is problem whit small bubbles. I rely wonder if its just me ore the vinyl ;)

I have tried both room temputure and much warmer. Still the same problem. So what i´m I doing wrong?

Pictures will follow shortly. This is the first time it has happend to me.

Best Regards Patrik from Sweden

Riskok

970M-070 shouldn't that be 970RA? Shoot, I thought the entire 970 was for wrapping and the M stud for mattblack.

Here are the pictures.

Attachments

• bild0.jpg
    bild0.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 155
  • bild.jpg
    bild.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 156
  • bild2.jpg
    bild2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 139
  • bild3.jpg
    bild3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 116
Last edited by a moderator:

Riskok

looks like not enough pressure

Hmmm I rely did put all the pressure I could on it even so hard that it got scratches and it still got bubbles.

either that or a bad squeegee ( with nicks and such ). those are my first two thoughts from the pics.

I always try to use a new and good one so the one I used was all new.

Looks to me like the vinyl is being allowed to pre-tack.

I could but we did it a couple of times whit the same result.
I will order the 970RA today so I can keep working on this.

Thanks for your help guys!

BR Patrik
:U Rock:

AUTO-FX

Is there any difference in the adhesive between those two products, or is it just the impression imparted in the adhesive that provides for the air egress?

Haakon

Looking good! Is the whole Caddy wrapped in flat black? Talked to my supplier today, ordered 15 sq metres of 975 carbon fiber and 10sq metres of 970RA flat black. Looking forward to trying them out :)