• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal clear 3651

psbc2009

May be a dumb question but - Have a customer that needs graphics on a panel from a lighted box real quick and of course cheap lol. All I have in stock is the clear 3651 / 210 lam. The panel is white and in good shape.
Will this work? Oracal says 5yr durability, is this accurate?
Thanks in advance!

g&eprinting

Overwrite 2 one second wait. You will waste more ink.

Works ok.

The white in the picture is the plexi showing through the clear.

Let it dry out or the 3651 gets real flimsy with the double strike. The lam will help that after.

Attachments

• IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 82

OlsonSigns601

This sign is 3 years old.

No Lam, printed on 3651 Clear and applied to white pan face. Still looks as good as it did the day it left. (I'm sure its faded a little but you wouldn't notice it unless you compared it to one fresh off the printer)

Attachments

• SarasPub.jpg
    SarasPub.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 96

psbc2009

Thanks for the replies. I have already done one and it looks good. This sign has alot of black fill and looks great under normal daylight conditions. In the dark with light behind it looks kind of gray. Is it normal for the black to turn lighter at night? Would the translucent vinyl hold better blacks? Not too concerned about this customer given the time restraints & cheap part just thinking about future work.
Thanks again for the input and sample pics.

Last edited:

MIMO

3651 Clear

I know it's a different usage, but have any of you used 3651 clear for reverse printed window graphics (ie: face mounted on inside of window). I've struggled finding a clear SAV that is nice and clear when face mounted but doesn't need to be applied wet. 3620 doesn't cut it.

CanuckSigns

Thanks for the replies. I have already done one and it looks good. This sign has alot of black fill and looks great under normal daylight conditions. In the dark with light behind it looks kind of gray. Is it normal for the black to turn lighter at night? Would the translucent vinyl hold better blacks? Not too concerned about this customer given the time restraints & cheap part just thinking about future work.
Thanks again for the input and sample pics.

I have yet to find any printed material that looks as good lit up as translucent cut vinyl does. all of our attempts look great during the day, but the colours look washed out at night.

The solution to this is apparently to print on clear vinyl in reverse, apply that to the backside of the white lexan, than apply printed translucent to the face of the sign, using a light table to line up the prints (if you are off, it may show) This is def. not for a customer who wants a cheap quick sign.

J Hill Designs

The solution to this is apparently to print on clear vinyl in reverse, apply that to the backside of the white lexan, than apply printed translucent to the face of the sign, using a light table to line up the prints (if you are off, it may show) This is def. not for a customer who wants a cheap quick sign.

works very well.

401Graphics

This is 3651 transparent on white ploycarb for a back lit menu board

Attachments

• 599957_10150869550526364_305733152_n.jpg
    599957_10150869550526364_305733152_n.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 69

signfactoryva

I didn't even know that there was a clear 3651. We just print on the 210 with a 2x overprint and then lam with another layer of 210. The colors are a bit darker during the day, but the dark colors are always solid. Plus, if they do fade over time, it'll just look better during the day and lighter at night. Compared to the trans. white on white acrylic the other shops around here are using, I feel like we've really got it nailed.