• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal Color Wheels?

F80M3

Custom Title
Anyone know where I can find 631/651/751 color wheels like this?

ive seen photos online but when I emailed Oracal they said they don't exist??

I have th Oracal 651 color chart book but a fan wheel like this would be much easier to carry around to show clients.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 950
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 197

Zx360

I got mine form the NBM show in Indianapolis this past year. They were giving them away for free. Also, talk to your sales rep for what ever company you buy oracal from. They should be able to get them for you.

F80M3

Custom Title
I got mine form the NBM show in Indianapolis this past year. They were giving them away for free. Also, talk to your sales rep for what ever company you buy oracal from. They should be able to get them for you.

which color wheel did you get? was it all in 1 for all their models or was it seperate for each line? i saw the one on US cutter that that was just posted right above this ^ but like he said its smaller swatch samples.

I'll try contacting my sales rep and see.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I have an 851 (shows it age) color wheel just like that, that came from my local supplier. Good luck in your searches, I wish I had some newer ones.

phototec

which color wheel did you get? was it all in 1 for all their models or was it seperate for each line? i saw the one on US cutter that that was just posted right above this ^ but like he said its smaller swatch samples.

Please post back and let us ALL know what you find out (f you can get them). As mentioned already, I have never seen those like you posted, however, at different graphic shows I have received the FREE color book with the small color chips. But my supplier wants to sell them to me.

F80M3

Custom Title
whats sad is these SHOULD be free..but at this point I'd gladly buy one, but noone seems to have them. what the heck!

thewvsignguy

Guess I lucked out, everything from 970, 641, 631, 951, 751, 341, Metallics, Translucents and Specialty films is in the one I got from PIONEER SUPPLY in Pittsburgh about 5-6 months ago.

Attachments

• Oracal Color Fan.jpg
    Oracal Color Fan.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 231

thewvsignguy

It was free, also got the standard "book" but not nearly as detailed as this fan.

I have no idea if they still have em', but I'll check and report back tomorrow.

legacyborn

Anyone know where I can find 631/651/751 color wheels like this?

ive seen photos online but when I emailed Oracal they said they don't exist??

I have th Oracal 651 color chart book but a fan wheel like this would be much easier to carry around to show clients.

I would love these as well, I have tried contacting oracal directly and the rep never returns my calls or emails. I am seriously considering switching to another brand of vinyl it is impossible to get any support from their company it seems.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I also have the same fan deck that thevwsignguy posted. Its dated 06/2012 on the back if that helps. I think there was one just like they had made previously but as far as I know they have not make another big one like that since. I'm not sure if the one shown on the US Cutter site is an older or newer version of the full one. I do wish all of the manufacturers or at least Oracal, 3M, and Avery would make a full fan deck like this and send out yearly updates for them or make new ones each year. I want to think there was a mistake somewhere in the Oracal one I have, I think on the 751 colors one had a couple of chips in the wrong order (the wrong text label under the wrong chip) but I cannot remember for certain. I know they have the 975 Structured Cast and 970RA Wrap Material fan decks still but I have not seen any other new ones for everything else other than the big folder style ones.

I do much prefer the fan decks though because they are a LOT easier to use if, for example, walking outside to a clients vehicle to try and match the color on some existing graphics they have. Makes it perfect for holding it up against their existing vinyl graphics while the type in the folder do not work well for that and I've frequently just torn the strips out of the big folder type charts just so I can hold it right up against something easily (and then tape it back into the folder). Our Fellers rep (Ann Poole - she is the best most awesome supplier rep I have ever had in 10+ years) always brings us the most current ones she gets her hands on. I also get some swatch books/decks from the actual manufacturer reps that come by like the 3M ones for their regular solid color vinyls.

Zx360

These are the ones we have. I have 1 of the big oracal charts with the tiny swatches but it has everything from 631 up.
I also have a large 651 book and a 970RA book.
I got all of the oracal stuff at the NBM show the past years (i get new ones every year)
I also got the arlon book from NBM this year. 3M book came from my fellers rep who i just saw yesterday and is going to get me an updated book (or just new swatches to add) along with an avery book.

Hope that helps.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5987.jpg
    IMG_5987.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 379

F80M3

Custom Title
These are the ones we have. I have 1 of the big oracal charts with the tiny swatches but it has everything from 631 up.
I also have a large 651 book and a 970RA book.
I got all of the oracal stuff at the NBM show the past years (i get new ones every year)
I also got the arlon book from NBM this year. 3M book came from my fellers rep who i just saw yesterday and is going to get me an updated book (or just new swatches to add) along with an avery book.

Hope that helps.

attachment.php

Thanks for the Photo...this confirms they exist!

You mention you get new ones every year, Do you have an older 651 deck you would be willing to send me if I paypal you some money for shipping? 651 is used the most here so that would be the most helpful.

Kottwitz-Graphics

I do much prefer the fan decks though because they are a LOT easier to use if, for example, walking outside to a clients vehicle to try and match the color on some existing graphics they have. Makes it perfect for holding it up against their existing vinyl graphics while the type in the folder do not work well for that and I've frequently just torn the strips out of the big folder type charts just so I can hold it right up against something easily (and then tape it back into the folder).
+1 on the fans...

That's has always been my complaint with vinyl swatch books....

Zx360

Thanks for the Photo...this confirms they exist!

You mention you get new ones every year, Do you have an older 651 deck you would be willing to send me if I paypal you some money for shipping? 651 is used the most here so that would be the most helpful.
I just got this one recently and tossed the old one since I don't need duplicates. If my fellers rep happens to have one I'll see if I can get you one.

ORAFOL Americas

Merchant Member
Hi Everyone,

We are glad to hear that you find our marketing materials helpful in the course of doing business and would like to address some of your questions and concerns.

There are a variety of charts, fans, literature and reference materials that ORAFOL Europe and ORAFOL Americas produce independently of each other. ORAFOL Americas, is responsible for creating literature and reference materials for North and South America as well as the Caribbean. Therefore, we may offer a particular piece that is not offered by ORAFOL Europe and vice-versa.

Please contact an authorized ORAFOL distributor to obtain color fans, charts and other literature pieces. Our distributors are the people you do business with day-to-day and are your best resource for your questions and concerns about all things ORAFOL. If you are having trouble obtaining resources from a particular distributor please email us at info-americas@orafol.com so that we can work closely with them to better support your needs.

We value the feedback you have provided and look forward to making it easier for you to obtain these tools that make your life a little easier.