• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal ORAGUARD 210 vs 290

loganBeckwithiv

I have bought 290 in the past. But I need a cheaper Laminate. The 210 specs are OK for what I need but I just need to know if the 210 will be as glossy as the 290? Anyone have both of these to compare for me?

Letterbox Mike

210 is as glossy as 290. Just be aware it's a calendered intermediate-grade laminate, not a high-performance cast like the 290.

mikey-Oh

210's pretty glossy, cheap too! thick as can be, but works great for flat apps. do NOT recommend for wraps

loganBeckwithiv

Just looking for something cheap that still has the same level of shine. These graphics only have to last 8months tops. I tired some other cheap laminate and its "gloss" is more like a semi-gloss.

Graphics2u

I use 210 for alot of things. It is Glossy as others have said. Should work fine for short term needs. I have used it on lots of flat outdoor applications with good success. Now I will tell you that after a few years it will shrink outdoors. I did some graphics on my own truck that were printed and contour cut. The colors held up great for the four years they were on the truck however the inside corners of the contour cut would begin to crack because of the shrinkage. That was with 3651 calendared vinyl also, so that was part of the problem too. So depending on the use it's great stuff.

rja360

The 210 works great.... not for any type of wrap work, but it will work fine on curved surfaces.... we use on all our flat applications, exterior/interior displays etc....not had any issues yet......8 month life easy...

MontereySigns

The Oraguard 210 is a nice product with a solvent-based adhesive. We have used it for several years very reliably. Recently we started using LG's LP3812 laminate. It has the same adhesive, is just as glossy and sells for $50 less per roll ($210 vs $160). Plus, the matte finish is superior- really flat for an upscale look.

Just make sure you use either product on flat surfaces only.

SamFeatherston

Really knowlegeable post

Do you work for LG?

The Oraguard 210 is a nice product with a solvent-based adhesive. We have used it for several years very reliably. Recently we started using LG's LP3812 laminate. It has the same adhesive, is just as glossy and sells for $50 less per roll ($210 vs $160). Plus, the matte finish is superior- really flat for an upscale look.

Just make sure you use either product on flat surfaces only.