Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oracal Rapid air cast vinyl with 290 laminate question

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by gabagoo, Mar 5, 2020.

1. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    Is this stuff air release? Oracal 3751 GPS pro slide

Was sold to me as that and even though I do not do wraps, I offer it to customers to make application of vehicle decals a little easier...until this morning when I needed to use it for myself. A small printed rainbow for a logo which needed to be masked as it is 4 separate pieces. The decal was 6" x 10" dead easy dry using any vinyl yet it left some small bubbles when I removed the premask...no problem, just push them out...Nope...

Not an issue except when you hear the word RAPID AIR used in the actual name of the product...what would you think?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    Tags:
  2. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    I've used Oracal with RapidAir years ago with no issues, but I wasn't using premask. With any air release if you squeegee really hard it collapses the air channels.

• Like Like x 1
  3. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    like said above if you squeegeed it down hard, you collapsed the release channels. Air release isn't designed to be used with mask, if you would have wetted the mask that may have helped it release without pulling on the vinyl.

4. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    (I goofed up...it is an air release. I thought I printed these little logos on it but infact it was just regular 2ml cast. I am getting old...sheesh

sorry for the false alarm

5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I really like happy endings........... all kinds. :doh: