• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal Rapid air cast vinyl with 290 laminate question

gabagoo

Is this stuff air release? Oracal 3751 GPS pro slide

Was sold to me as that and even though I do not do wraps, I offer it to customers to make application of vehicle decals a little easier...until this morning when I needed to use it for myself. A small printed rainbow for a logo which needed to be masked as it is 4 separate pieces. The decal was 6" x 10" dead easy dry using any vinyl yet it left some small bubbles when I removed the premask...no problem, just push them out...Nope...

Not an issue except when you hear the word RAPID AIR used in the actual name of the product...what would you think?

Last edited:

rjssigns

I've used Oracal with RapidAir years ago with no issues, but I wasn't using premask. With any air release if you squeegee really hard it collapses the air channels.

signage

like said above if you squeegeed it down hard, you collapsed the release channels. Air release isn't designed to be used with mask, if you would have wetted the mask that may have helped it release without pulling on the vinyl.

gabagoo

(I goofed up...it is an air release. I thought I printed these little logos on it but infact it was just regular 2ml cast. I am getting old...sheesh

sorry for the false alarm