• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Orafol 5600 Reflective Edge Rolling

athennes

I am experiencing edge rolling days after I install Orafol 5600 reflective. I currently print on the white reflective with a Mutoh VJ-1324 eco solvent printer. I never had this issue until recently and now I am getting frustrated that I need to go and redo completed installs. I am not getting good support from Oracal on this issue.

Anyone else has the same issues and what did you do to resolve them.

Thanks for your help, desperate for an answer.

Allen

Signed Out

I dont have an answer for you, but have experienced the same thing with oracal 5600. Annoying thing is, really only happened that I know about on our shop truck. Which scares me. In our case we printed just a thin light gray outline on the letters and all the edges curled away from the vehicle. Not so sure it happened in a matter of days though, perhaps a month or so. Printed vinyl wasn't laminated for over a day so definitely not the cause here.

tim99

had issues with other oracal products do this to me with designs with heavy ink around the edges only way i can get past this is by putting a white outline.. 5600 is a heavy adhesive im not sure why you would have this issue. other than the normal surface prep issues. Laminating helps out a bit with this as well.

2B

do you have images?

have the graphics been exposed to anything different from the previous installs?
cleaning method, chemicals, etc.
was the prep the same?

athennes

do you have images?

have the graphics been exposed to anything different from the previous installs?
cleaning method, chemicals, etc.
was the prep the same?

I never had a problem until recent. For the most part these are new installs on fire dept. trucks. I guess cleaning varies from dept to dept as there are different companies out there selling some soap/wax cleaners. I don't have a problem with 3M or a standard brightline vinyl.

Still annoyed.