Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Orafol - Color Guide/Graphic Products book

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by TXFB.INS, Sep 19, 2019.

1. TXFB.INS

TXFB.INS Very Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Lone Star State
    Our color guide is old and we are needing to new ones for correct referencing.

Where do yall suggest getting these from?
    Called Orafol and they will not send them directly,
    Tried contacting Fellers and they want to charge for these color guides.....

Tags:
  2. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

We're just a two-man shop in the middle of Central Illinois. I called to have our Oracal sales rep stop by the shop after we bought our printer and he had no problem coming through when he was in the area. He gave us samples of media and at least one copy of every guide they have including a color fan, which is way more convenient than the guide books. I think they actually like taking a break from the normal routine and stopping by shops from time to time, even a small shop like ours.

Aside from that, the obvious answer is trade shows. Every time we go to a trade show, we grab every color chart we can. I don't remember the last time we actually had to pay for a color guide.

3. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Call Oracal again and someone should be able to send you some. I got a few books from them a while back... maybe you just need to talk to someone else?

4. SamFeatherston

SamFeatherston New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Texas
    I wish I could figure out who you are so I could get you a set of Color Charts.

Signed

Your Orafol Rep

5. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    My book is from 2015. Do I need a new one?

6. SamFeatherston

SamFeatherston New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Texas
    Yes - Send me your mailing info and I will send you one. Sam.featherston@orafol.com or you can pick one up at the Printing United show coming up in a couple of weeks in Dallas.

7. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    Just be aware that if you have older books, the new ones have separated materials into different books
    * Sign Vinyl
    * Reflective Vinyl
    * Wrap Film
    * Adhesive Tapes

So double-check what you are needing to be updated