• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Orajet 3105HT issues

debeer920

I’ve had a reoccurring issue with orajet 3105ht in multiple applications with the glue separating from the vinyl. I first noticed that while weeding some print and cut graphics that the glue was actually sticking to my fingers and smearing off the vinyl. I also had graphics fail after several months of being installed. Surfaces were washed with regular soap then degreased with 91% isopropyl alcohol prior to install. At first I though maybe I got defective roll so I bought a new one but that roll did the exact same thing. Has anyone had similar issues with this?

debeer920

Any idea of what the production date was on the roles? Maybe they were old and from the same lot?

I honestly don’t know. But that thought crossed my mind I bought it from Fellers in 54”x10yrd rolls and I don’t think they move a lot of them at my local warehouse. I also noticed that the vinyl had shrunk quite a bit around the edges of the backing paper when I pulled them out of the box.

bannertime

I honestly don’t know. But that thought crossed my mind I bought it from Fellers in 54”x10yrd rolls and I don’t think they move a lot of them at my local warehouse. I also noticed that the vinyl had shrunk quite a bit around the edges of the backing paper when I pulled them out of the box.

If they've shrunk on the liner then they are probably over 6 months to a year old. I'd check the spec sheet to see what Orcal says the shelf life is. If you can find the box and find a date, send that stuff back to Fellers cause that's unuseable material.

TechnoLett

Yes I've had he same issue, the vinyl has a tendency to shrink a little on edges of liner leaving sticky glue residue and the pinch rollers on my Roland SP300V requiring hash chemical cleaning after printing a few yards! May have something to do with the aggressive glue composition reacting with the vinyl causing it to shrink!

Nick Nie

We always keep one roll of 3105HT in stock, we normally used this material for some wall graphics which not applicable for regular vinyl, but yes, after plotting the graphics, you have to be very careful, the glue may come off and make the edge looks dirty, we use 70% alcohol to clean it, so far so good, we don't have any issue with this materials.

thesignpost

We always keep one roll of 3105HT in stock, we normally used this material for some wall graphics which not applicable for regular vinyl, but yes, after plotting the graphics, you have to be very careful, the glue may come off and make the edge looks dirty, we use 70% alcohol to clean it, so far so good, we don't have any issue with this materials.
Same here.