• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Orajet 3640G profile for HP latex 360 - can't get gray right

Acho

Does someone have good profile for Orajet 3640G for HP 360?

I tried to do profile, all colors look ok but the gray is a bit purplish :(

I am looking for 8 pass profile

Thanks in advance

AF

Linearize the machine. Also check your rip settings for that media. CMYK greys should only use black ink after around 20%.

Kreate !nk

Thanks in advance

I'll be honest, i usually run from the OCD type, but when it comes to color....I am the pot callin the kettle black. I've been trade printing for 18+ years for myself and evolved from file correction/hand adjustments, to factory profile trolling, to color managing... to precision color management. I could never do this consistently until I found the relationship between ink limiting, print mode management, accurate linearizations, and finally profile building (from scratch). grey balance is a byproduct of good color management. if you have a rip, color measurement device, and a profile suite (or use the rip)... and a lot of coffee, then it's time to take your business to the next level.

1) determine the best mode for your application (e.g. 1440, 600, bi, uni, etc).
2) work hard to find the best ink limit, one that will dry first and foremost, but leaves enough ink to get the nice solid laydown
3) define ink transition (if possible on your rip), this is the relationship between light and dark ink
4) linearize the printer (do not settle, if the strip looks shady, try again from the top) put n the work and you will not regret it!
5) lastly build a custom profile (if possible) or use the best one that you can get you hands on.

remember, relying on a downloaded profile is essentially using a hunch to guess the best way forward...I print approx 4-6 rolls of cast and reflective every week. that's a guess that I cannot afford. it is liberating to be able to trust just...sending a print and not even giving it a second thought. I can even simulate other printers profiles on machines hat are not busy to balance the load. any questions or any help that I can give you. it will be my pleasure. thx.

Bly

You might need a new head/s.
That's one symptom of a head that's due for replacement but otherwise printing well.

dypinc

Thanks in advance

Before you do anything else, have you determine it is not your lighting? Take it outside and look at it.