Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

orajet 3951-anyone use it ?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by WRAPS, Mar 18, 2008.

1. WRAPS

WRAPS Member

Mar 10, 2008
    here another newbie thread.i decided to try this oracal 3951 for boats,when i was testing in the printer i noticed no air release.and also the adhesive was very very weak.im very concerned how this will do in the water.has anyone used this vinyl?

Tags:
  2. Mason

Mason Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Boston
    The 3951 comes in standard and RA (3951 GRA) which is an air release product, as for the adhesive, it is repositionable so you may be a tad too quick to judge in that department. I use it for all my wraps and digital prints that are for vehicles with no problems.
    It should be used in concert with their 290 series Laminate.

3. WRAPS

WRAPS Member

Mar 10, 2008
    So It'll "set Up"in A Couple Of Days?

Thanks For The Reply.i Know , I Sound A Lil Judgemental But The Other Vinyl I Used So Far Was Repositionable And They Stuck Good Once You Apply Pressure.and Got A Lil Better After A Few Days.i Hope This 3951 Gets Alot Better After That Few Days.we Got The Regular 3951 Because Its Warrantied For Marine Use,we're Doing A Boat.hows This 3951 Do With Air Bubbles?
    Thanks
    Wraps.