• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oratape LT95

bloobird0

maybe too much tension/pressure when applying the tape?

Are you applying the tape manually or with a laminator?

ams

It doesn't matter about the tiny bubbles or anything, this is part of clear transfer tape. It won't affect it.

Gnomic

Thanks for the quick reply!

@bloobird0
No matter if i use little or much pressure, it will have air in between.

@ams
1. Just to be sure: So a lot of air in between doesnt matter at all, when i use LT95, since its a "clear transfer tape"?
2. If i used a "transfer paper" instead, would that not have air inbetween?
3. Do you know of a good transfer papir? have heard of r-tape 4078rla
2. When i send it to the customer, will they have to squeegee differently, to make make something happen? i once tryed that when i pushed the bubbles out, it would get a "crack" in the transfer tape, even tho i did it slowly.

ams

Thanks for the quick reply!

@bloobird0
No matter if i use little or much pressure, it will have air in between.

@ams
1. Just to be sure: So a lot of air in between doesnt matter at all, when i use LT95, since its a "clear transfer tape"?
2. If i used a "transfer paper" instead, would that not have air inbetween?
3. Do you know of a good transfer papir? have heard of r-tape 4078rla
2. When i send it to the customer, will they have to squeegee differently, to make make something happen? i once tryed that when i pushed the bubbles out, it would get a "crack" in the transfer tape, even tho i did it slowly.

1. The smaller tiny ones won't matter. This is because of the clear tape.

2. No you can always get air in it, it's the way you squeegee. If you apply strong pressure and don't miss any spots, you won't get any bubbles.

3. Oracal is an amazing company but for transfer tape I recommend Conform 4075-RLA

4. To get rid of bubbles, either use an air release tool or a knife and pop it. Then push it down. Don't cut the vinyl.
I hate 3M but they have a really good air release pen.

Gnomic

1. The smaller tiny ones won't matter. This is because of the clear tape.

2. No you can always get air in it, it's the way you squeegee. If you apply strong pressure and don't miss any spots, you won't get any bubbles.

3. Oracal is an amazing company but for transfer tape I recommend Conform 4075-RLA

4. To get rid of bubbles, either use an air release tool or a knife and pop it. Then push it down. Don't cut the vinyl.
I hate 3M but they have a really good air release pen.

Thanks a lot for your time.
Last question, wall decal: have you tryed "Oratape HT55" with "Oracal 631"? if yes, how do you compair HT55 vs 4075-RLA?

ams

The HT55 would be good, but the 4075-RLA has an easy release liner so when you peel the transfer tape off, it doesn't peel the vinyl off the wall.
You can use either. Just stay away from clear, it's too thick for that vinyl.