• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Ordered new DX6 Did I get a fake or ?

sidcon

Looking for some advise from people who have possibly ordered DX6 print heads before. Did yours have a seal on them. I ordered this from Digiprint supplies for $1685.25 and is my second one from them. This one looks different, the box was open, it didn't have a void seal on it or any seal, the boards looks different, and I can see stained magenta in the reservoir. Would you send this back? The board, the original from roland(last pic) has gold lines as do my other 3 old ones and this one is green. I just don't want to get a customer return/used or a fake one on this price tag of an item. Digiprint sells these as actual authentic oem Epson/Roland heads.

stephane

Merchant Member
Hi,

The printhead you received is a genuine Roland VS printhead and it is of course unused. The ‘magenta’ you can see on the reservoir is transportation liquid. The box and labels are Roland’s, there is never any seal on these head packages.

We hope this helps. We have a team in Miami who will be happy to answer any question you may have by phone, email or chat. Our engineers can also help you on our support platform with any technical questions.

DIGIPRINT SUPPLIES

sidcon

Thank you for contacting me. I have replied to your pm and looking forward to hear from you. Thank you

sidcon

digiprint sells dx6 heads. Rolands are dx7.

Thank you, I'm curious on the difference between the two? We have a few roland VS printers that we've used DX6 with in the past. Still haven't received a reply from digiprint and has been almost a month. I was hopping their lighting fast reply to this post was for customer service and not political. We are genuine nice people and just asking a question of concern to fellow printers on their experience ordering this head and how they came in the mail before contacting them if in case this sometimes normal or was it a possible return and a customer switched it. In no way bashing their company as I hope they didnt take it as and hope they just forgot to reply. We are still waiting to install the head. With the way it came Id rather just send it back then be stuck with a DOA or at least get confirmation on this year warranty they have stated in other posts on all heads. I just want to be assured we will have no issues. Digiprint, I'm just a concerned loyal customer, work with us. I feel this should be the other way around

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There is no such thing as a DX6 print head. It was a modified DX5 for a specific small format printer but was never actually a new type of head. All DX6 print heads you see online are DX7 heads and usually labeled by someone who doesn't know what to call the head. Not sure how this got mixed up through the years but that's the story. That being said, your pictures show a new DX7 head. The fluid is from testing at the factory.

sidcon

There is no such thing as a DX6 print head. It was a modified DX5 for a specific small format printer but was never actually a new type of head. All DX6 print heads you see online are DX7 heads and usually labeled by someone who doesn't know what to call the head. Not sure how this got mixed up through the years but that's the story. That being said, your pictures show a new DX7 head. The fluid is from testing at the factory.

Thank you, This was listed from the site as a DX6 and that's what we went by. thank you for clarifying and always glad to hear your advise.

sidcon

It is good that you want to know but DIGIPRINT never sells fake products.

Thank you for posting but they actually do. We order several things from them that are chinese copies like dampers, wipers, tubing, captops and a lot more. We were just curious on the head because it came differently then the others this time. Who knows, It could have been a return and the customer swapped it out before sending back so we had to ask. Our main concern is installing it and being a doa having to be stuck with it and out the money. Id like to know the stipulations on the year warranty before installing but cant find the info or a reply from them.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
we just recently changed heads in our fj52 and our sc545-ex
you are always concerned that they are genuine, exactly as represented
the fluid in the heads concerned us as well. i guess this makes them "shelf stable"

on a related note, we have bought "refurbished" dx2 heads on ebay a few times, never with acceptable results. what is everyone's experience? are these always garbage?
when we bought, they sat on the shelf a while, before being used. is this the problem?
are refurbs like buying strawberries? do they have to be put in a machine as soon as you receive them? i assume they are being refurbed with a "head doctor" & probably not prepped with transportation/storage fluid

so, is the idea of buying refurb heads, for future use a bad idea?
i know for our ultrachrome epson heads we can flush and store with "piezo flush" for long term storage

player

we just recently changed heads in our fj52 and our sc545-ex
you are always concerned that they are genuine, exactly as represented
the fluid in the heads concerned us as well. i guess this makes them "shelf stable"

on a related note, we have bought "refurbished" dx2 heads on ebay a few times, never with acceptable results. what is everyone's experience? are these always garbage?
when we bought, they sat on the shelf a while, before being used. is this the problem?
are refurbs like buying strawberries? do they have to be put in a machine as soon as you receive them? i assume they are being refurbed with a "head doctor" & probably not prepped with transportation/storage fluid

so, is the idea of buying refurb heads, for future use a bad idea?
i know for our ultrachrome epson heads we can flush and store with "piezo flush" for long term storage
Heads are considered wear parts. I would think buying used parts that wear out would be a bad investment.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
yes, and i wouldn't even consider buying refurb dx2's except they are extinct. your only option is buying a refurb, or an aqueous head and changing the manifold

after a $1450 pair of heads, the fj prints slow but very nice. print. as nice as the sc545-ex

it is reasuring to have 2functional 54" printers ( and no lease payment)

sajego

Since 2010
I know this is an old post but they definitely label this as DX6 on a lot of supplier sites. I'd love to know if a DX7 would be identical or if something about the boards/connectors would be different.
Roland part 6701409010

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you look at the board it will have "IA0460" printed on it. If that's the case, it's a DX7 head and it's the same head used in the Roland VS/XR series or the Mimaki JV150 series or some Mutoh ValueJets. It's basically the universal DX7 head. There was a separate version of the DX7 that had different printing on it's boards that would only work in the GS6000. They don't make those anymore.