• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Ordering a Mimaki JFK 200-2513, Good Move?

Nicole Swanton

I am about to pull the trigger on ordering a new Mimaki JFX 200-2513 to replace my piece of junk 2012 EFI Rastek T1000. The T1000 was horrifying and im trying to do my due diligence researching the Mimaki.
Do you have a good experience with the reliability on this machine? We seemed to be replacing a ton of parts ourselves on our T1000. I WILL NOT do this again. Any info or reviews appreciated.

TimToad

We're looking a the same printer to replace our Gerber ION Solara once the parts and ink supplies get close to running out.

Have you been in the same room with one while running? Do the prints the rep did match the samples Mimaki will send you?

How is the noise level of the vacuums?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I am about to pull the trigger on ordering a new Mimaki JFX 200-2513 to replace my piece of junk 2012 EFI Rastek T1000. The T1000 was horrifying and im trying to do my due diligence researching the Mimaki.
Do you have a good experience with the reliability on this machine? We seemed to be replacing a ton of parts ourselves on our T1000. I WILL NOT do this again. Any info or reviews appreciated.

Don't pull the trigger until you let me show you my price points on that unit! Actually before I even quote you, lets have a discussion on what exactly you need this thing to accomplish, let me run you some test prints first so you can see the quality. I have been around for awhile and think I could make you a happy client, if you are interested.

Nicole Swanton

Don't pull the trigger until you let me show you my price points on that unit! Actually before I even quote you, lets have a discussion on what exactly you need this thing to accomplish, let me run you some test prints first so you can see the quality. I have been around for awhile and think I could make you a happy client, if you are interested.
I have a rep, basically in my backyard. But thank you for the offer.

Nicole Swanton

We're looking a the same printer to replace our Gerber ION Solara once the parts and ink supplies get close to running out.

Have you been in the same room with one while running? Do the prints the rep did match the samples Mimaki will send you?

How is the noise level of the vacuums?

Yes, I went to a Mimaki Demo Day at their location in Milwaukee, WI. They started it up and printed a sportcars on 4mm coroplast at 300dpi and 600dpi. The quality was as expected on a new machine and i would have no issues with the print quality. I would be able to run 300 dpi on all my warning labels no problem.

The vacuums were just as loud as my T1000, i am not familiar with the noise of the Gerber. The noise was not concerning to me at all. If you can go to a Mimaki Demo Day, i would highly suggest it. Or SGIA is coming up in Vegas...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's a good machine especially at the price point. I have a few customers who run them and they like them a lot. There is some maintenance you need to be aware of and if you have a good dealer, their tech should go through that with you. If I were opening a shop and had the money for a flatbed this is the one I would get.

That being said, there are some cons I have run into with this machine. Loading the ink bottles is a pain and I wish it was a little easier. The machine gets louder as it ages so when the head rises up and down, it eventually becomes fairly loud and annoying. You probably already heard it at the demo and it gets worse than that. And then finally, the primary filters which are supposed to be changed once per year are like $200+ each and there are 8 of them. The same filters can be found for less than $50 so don't just settle for the Mimaki ones thinking you want to stick with OEM filters. The filter isn't even made by Mimaki! But other than that, solid machine.

K Schutt

I have been running ours since January I like it, very solid machine.

Nicole Swanton

It's a good machine especially at the price point. I have a few customers who run them and they like them a lot. There is some maintenance you need to be aware of and if you have a good dealer, their tech should go through that with you. If I were opening a shop and had the money for a flatbed this is the one I would get.

That being said, there are some cons I have run into with this machine. Loading the ink bottles is a pain and I wish it was a little easier. The machine gets louder as it ages so when the head rises up and down, it eventually becomes fairly loud and annoying. You probably already heard it at the demo and it gets worse than that. And then finally, the primary filters which are supposed to be changed once per year are like $200+ each and there are 8 of them. The same filters can be found for less than $50 so don't just settle for the Mimaki ones thinking you want to stick with OEM filters. The filter isn't even made by Mimaki! But other than that, solid machine.

Awesome, thank you for the feedback. I had no idea about the filters so i am happy you brought that up.

Superior_Adam

I ran a JFX 200 for many years. We had one of the first 9 that came to the states. We took a risk on word from our Mimaki rep and bought it without seeing it run. This is a great machine. I know the printer is supposed to change the filters every year but we never did and had the machine for around 4 years.i am a believer that if the environment is clean regular maintenance is performed the filters will last longer than they say. We have 5 flatbed UV printers and treat them all the same and have very few issues. We had to replace 1 print head in that time. The printer was due to having the heads changed due to time as quality did drop a little bit that is expected. We upgraded to EFI only due to speed. If I had the room I would have just added more of the JFX 200 printers to compensate for output