• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oregon DOT signs

Malkin

In a neighboring town from me, the town line sign is misspelled (name of town). Been like that for a few years, apparently nobody cares!

SignosaurusRex

....lazy Knucklehead with a template. On second thought....Salem?...could be the Oregon State Penitentiary State sign shop there. I guess the state gets what they pay for!:doh:

Malkin

I think these ones are made by the state, they are the same at every town line and nothing too special really. I would just go fix it myself, but it's just too funny!

I did get sick of not have a street sign after ours disappeared, so I just made one and installed it. It made it easier for people following directions. Heh, I could try sending the town a bill...

Edit: This was a response to Patrick, I should have made that more clear.
Signosaurus, I completely agree!

Last edited:

SignosaurusRex

Quite honestly, I don't really find much humor in it. It's taxpayer dollars at work one way or the other and Oregon is in serious financial straights. This is an example of common place negligence and wasted State spending in my opinion. They say its only approx. $100.00? I say BULLSHIT! The aluminum is a special tempered grade (very expensive), somebody got payed to make it, somebody installed it, somebody has to remove it and replace it with a properly made one after somebody made that one, not to mention the paperwork involved in a cluster. The total cost is in excess of a few hundred dollars per sign. Its all commonplace regardless of which state it is and our taxes pay for it! Think about that next time you pay your personal and business taxes.

777signs

In my former career, I was a news photographer. I wrote the cutlines for all my photos and speeled a street Longstreet Rd. I had a police reporter that ripped me a new one for mispelling the name of the road and that it was Long Street(even though she mispelled the Sgts name for 2 years without ever getting it right). Well, I knew I was right, so I drove up the freeway, and sure enough, she was right, the freeway exit sign spelled it Long Street. But as I went to turn around, the sign at Long Street actually said Longstreet Rd. I took a picture of it, blew it up, and taped it to her computer screen. This was 12 years ago, and it still has yet to be corrected!!!
On another note, we did a story on weird names, I found 2 really good ones, 1 was Lawsuit Ln, but the best was Bimbo Ln.

Attachments

• bimbo.jpg
    bimbo.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 74

G-Artist

I really shouldn't say this being new to the forum (but not to the industry) but this place is the last place anyone should rag on spelling.

There are many posts here where the spelling borders on the atrocious. Don't get me wrong, it is in line with what I see in non-related forums but folks here are in the industry, so to speak, so one has to hold them to higher standards then the general public. And I am not referring to typos like the "speeled" above...I do that all the time myself as I only type with a few fingers.