• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Orical Cleaners and Waxes- Other Best Cleaners and Waxes For Large Trucks 3571 + 290?

player

I asked this last year and was advised there is a McGuire's was that is good for
the Orical 3571 and 290. I have about 6-8 trucks with a 4.5' x 12' decal on both sides.

I saw somewhere Orical is selling their own cleaning and waxing products. Should I try them
or just get something else?

Thanks.

player

OK so I found the thread that discusses waxes. The one recommendation that stood out for me was:

Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax

The thread is here:
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?123500-Waxing-Wraps&highlight=wax

I am still wondering about the best way to clean the decals, and if the Orical products
are worth looking into... and if there are other recommendations for wax? I would like something
that would last more than a few weeks... perhaps the whole summer.

HiDesign

The megs ultimate quick wax is a superb product, also available by the gallon as D156 xpress synthetic wax in their professional range. I use it on my personal cars but it is only good for a few weeks. Really easy to apply. I put it on some Avery SWF Matte black and it made the black so much richer, but still kept the matte appearance. I also have scholl concepts no gloss spray wax sealant, made specifically for matte finishes. It doesn't change the Colour of the film much, and cleans the film nice as you apply it. If your in the states, I think the chemical guys have an equivalent matte finish product. Also I've tried a longer lasting sealant, poorboys exp, on my cars graphics and it looked good for a week but then a white haze started to appear on the film so I had to take it off. This only happened on the matte metallic parts of my graphics, the gloss graphics didn't develop any haze.