• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

original edge printer

dakotasignwerks

not sure what all i have or need here, but a local sign shop recently dropped a used (obviously) Gerber Edge on my doorstep. along with a computer and i believe the software is all loaded on it to get it going. i just have no clue where to start with it. are there any resources to help on this, or should i just unload it on the next guy who knows what to do with it? need help.

thanks

cgsigns_jamie

I'll pay for shipping and buy you a drink (you'll have to wait till September for the drink though)

Edit: Now my post doesn't make any sense now that you have deleted yours?

cgsigns_jamie

Fred had made a post that he too would take the printer off your hands and pay for shipping. I was making a joke by saying I'd pay for shipping and a drink.

dakotasignwerks

OKAY- here is the plan -----

where can i find somebody to come set up this machine and train me and my staff on its use? i think it can be a great addition to our offerings. if i cant find anybody.......it will be sold. any help would be great.

TJ Duvall

You may be able to find a Gerber distributor in your area that can offer some support. I could suggest one but not sure if that is allowed here or not.

skyhigh

not sure what all i have or need here, but a local sign shop recently dropped a used (obviously) Gerber Edge on my doorstep. along with a computer and i believe the software is all loaded on it to get it going. i just have no clue where to start with it. are there any resources to help on this, or should i just unload it on the next guy who knows what to do with it? need help.

thanks

Sounds like one hell of a nice guy.....why don't you just ask him for some guidance????

OR, I'll pay for shipping, and send you a whole CASE of :bushmill: to boot.

dakotasignwerks

Browner-- sw north dakota. do you know somebody?

TJ- pm me and i think that would be allowed, but ?????????

i would love to play with it (yeah yeah) but not sure if it needs anything else to make it work. looks complete, but never dealt with one, so...

and while the guy who dropped it on my doorstep is a great guy, it was his family business that he had nothing to do with. parents passed a few years ago and he was cleaning out the building. he is more clueless on this than me. and by dropping it on me doesnt mean it was free. just cheap...real cheap i think. also got a ton of kommatex or maybe it was 2 ton, not sure of that but 4 pallets full 1/4". white and black