• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oscar-winning film star Ernest Borgnine dies in LA at age 95

ThinkRight

Ernest Borgnine, who created a variety of memorable characters in both movies and television and won the best-actor Oscar for his role as a lovesick butcher in "Marty" in 1955, died Sunday. He was 95.
Borgnine's longtime spokesman, Harry Flynn, told The Associated Press that Borgnine died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles with his family by his side.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/oscar-winning-film-star-ernest-borgnine-dies-la-212606632.html
Sad day.
Andy then Ernest
:wavingflag:

WildWestDesigns

That is really too bad. Even though I'm too young to have seen The Wild Bunch in theaters, his performance in that was great.

SD&F

He is remembered for some great stuff.....he was also the voice on Sponge Bob for the super hero(can't remember the name right now). I luved that.

Billct2

He was a local guy here. Born & raised in Hamden & New Haven and never forgot his roots.
I grew up with McHales Navya and only learned of his other work later...and the taxi driver role was awesome.