• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OSHA specs?

skyhigh

I've made a few of these in the past, but now I'm asked to make a couple hundred of these signs. These are going to be 7" x 10" overall.

I'm sure there must be some "standards" out there to follow??? I can't find them if there is.

This is what I've done in the past, but I don't want to find out "after" making hundreds, that these are wrong.

Does anyone have the specs for these type of signs?

Attachments

• CONFINED SPACE.jpg
    CONFINED SPACE.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 47

skyhigh

Appreciate the link jhill......but I'm not looking to outsource.

I'm wanting to know if my layout meets any OSHA specs there may be.

Marlene

I'm wanting to know if my layout meets any OSHA specs there may be.

you can use the link to check the sizes and such as Setons are OSHA signs. the thing you'll want to make sure of is the Danger or if Notice is what it should say

skyhigh

Here is a picture I copied from Fire&Safety Co. The font for DANGER is totally different than seton or emedco, yet they say OSHA compliant also.

This font looks like what I've seen in the past.......NOT seton's or emedco's.

I don't want to guess what is correct.

Attachments

• F&S.jpg
    F&S.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 68

qmr55

They don't actually have specifics for each sign (ie. font, exact shape). Just has to have the correct information and follow some simple guides. OSHA regulates the safety of the actual sign design. Signs need to have rounded or blunt corners and cannot have sharp edges or projections. Red, black and white are the colors designated for danger signs. Caution signs have a yellow background, and the panel is black with yellow letters. Text used on the yellow background must be black. It requires the wording of safety signs to indicate positive actions rather than negative, and to be concise and easy to read.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I would call your client and explain to them there are several OSHA compliant ways of making this particular sign. Let them sign off on the one they like and then any problems will be theirs, since you can't produce anything in concrete to them.

It seems I remember something about the oval needing to have block lettering at a certain size, which they all have in common, just so long as it's a block.

Copy underneath is usually as large as possible [block again] and still be legible depending on the copy.

skyhigh

They don't actually have specifics for each sign (ie. font, exact shape). Just has to have the correct information and follow some simple guides. OSHA regulates the safety of the actual sign design. Signs need to have rounded or blunt corners and cannot have sharp edges or projections. Red, black and white are the colors designated for danger signs. Caution signs have a yellow background, and the panel is black with yellow letters. Text used on the yellow background must be black. It requires the wording of safety signs to indicate positive actions rather than negative, and to be concise and easy to read.

DING DING DING DING.
This is the correct answer. I finally got thru to my OSHA rep in Erie, PA who told me this (almost word for word). They also gave me their name and contact info.

Thanks GMR55

qmr55

No problem! It's a Q though not a G ;)

Glad you got it solved! We have dealt with this same issue before doing hundreds of signs and wanted to make sure we weren't held liable to have to re do all the signs!