• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OT - Short weekend vacation, where to go?

speedmedia

Hey all,
Just seeing if anyone has any suggestions for a mini vacation that the wife and I can go on this weekend. We where thinking about hopping in the car and just going somewhere...

Any ideas or suggestions?

We thought about

-Indy
-Milwaukee
-Louisville
-Nashville
-Charlotte

We are not married to any of these ideas, just places we thought about.

Normally we just head north or go to Chicago, looking for something different I guess.

Thanks,
Kurt

CES020

I'd pick Nashville from that last. Tons of stuff to do there, even for non-country music people. Cool city.

klemgraphics

If your into dirt racing, the World of Outlaws world finals are at Charlotte this weekend...oh wait scratch that you said the wife...more of a guys weekend as far as I'm concerned. Nashville is a good place to go for a weekend.

speedmedia

Tell you what would be a great weekend to go to Charlotte area. With the WOo deal down there and the North - South Shootout at Concord some buddies of mine are racing in.

I guess I can make a sacrifice this time...lol

I am leaning towards Nashville as well. What you all do down in Nashville?

Thanks,
Kurt

TheSnowman

Indy isn't bad. My wife and I have done that a few times, but that's only two hours from us. Lots to do around there. If I were you, I'd be at the dunes! However, I guess they closed last weekend, so that's out.

speedmedia

Yeah I do like Indy as well. Pretty fun city.

Dunes would be great, but weather = BAD...lol

Anyone else?

Thanks,
Kurt

onesmf

Cleveland is a short commute away. You can stay downtown and hit University Circle with numerous museums. Does the Rock-n-Roll hall of fame tempt you? The Cuyahoga Valley National Park is really close with a railroad ride. You are within a short driving distance to some really awesome, romantic get-aways in the Cleveland area. Parks, fine dining, outdoor activities, culture or just getting into one another are within a short commute. I can offer you some local incite into some really couple friendly get-aways close to you. I love the fact that Cleveland is underestimated in all of these regards because I get to enjoy all it has to offer with no crowds. Don't ignore the fantastic opportunity right outside your doorstep.

Dave Drane

A short drive to the airport. If you make it to Australia by friday, I'll pick you up and look after you for the weekend. lol!!!

Jillbeans

+2 for Cleveland/ R&R Hall of Fame.
I am not big into music as much as I loved the old posters and memorabelia.
You can get a luxury room in an old high rise hotel a mile away for dirt cheap too.
Love....Jill
(just watch out for that one guy's house with the foul stench)

steve b

I second Nashville! This weekend is the CMA's so prepare for a ton of people if you decide to head over there.

steveb

speedmedia

I second Nashville! This weekend is the CMA's so prepare for a ton of people if you decide to head over there.

steveb

Maybe I should go there and leave the wife at home so I can get kidnapped by some of those very nice looking country singers...lol

Thanks,
Kurt

speedmedia

Cleveland is a short commute away. You can stay downtown and hit University Circle with numerous museums. Does the Rock-n-Roll hall of fame tempt you? The Cuyahoga Valley National Park is really close with a railroad ride. You are within a short driving distance to some really awesome, romantic get-aways in the Cleveland area. Parks, fine dining, outdoor activities, culture or just getting into one another are within a short commute. I can offer you some local incite into some really couple friendly get-aways close to you. I love the fact that Cleveland is underestimated in all of these regards because I get to enjoy all it has to offer with no crowds. Don't ignore the fantastic opportunity right outside your doorstep.

Do tell me more. I am open to it just never thought of it. Last time I was in Cleveland I was a little kid.

I'd like more details. RR hall of fame would be cool. Do they have good nightlife and restaurants?

Thanks,
Kurt

Jillbeans

This is where I stayed, it's now a Holiday Inn Express and it was a real deal.
The R&RHOF was surprisingly interesting.
There are also a few wineries and stuff in the area.
(I am an old lady tho so what is fun to me may be boring to you)

speedmedia

Oh my anyone who is lucky enough to live near or in Asheville has it all. It is so beautiful and calming. Absolutely love it down there. Not sure if we are going that far but I have been there several times and would not hesitate to go back for sure!

Thanks,
Kurt

ToddM.

I love Nashville...Downtown is great...They have have the largest Coyote Ugly and it's just a few doors down from Hooters...Oh wait, you're married right? It's still a cool city. :)

speedmedia

OK, it sounds like Nashville is the front runner. We weren't going to go that far but everyone has been saying how great it is so we are going.

Anyone have a favorite bar or anything to visit? Good place for live music? Good place to eat? stay? etc..Besides Coyote Ugly and Hooters? lol Maybe I can sned the wife shopping and I will go drink over at Coyote Ugly.

Anyone have a shop down there that I can visit?

Thanks,
Kurt