• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Other options for lightweight, large banner?

FatCat

So, we've been doing 15' x 30' banners on 13oz banner for many years for an indoor sports facility for their sponsor banners to hang on their walls. They've asked if I have any other options that would be lighter weight and asked about fabric. I typically sent these banners to Signs365 or similar since we don't mess with anything this large. However, when I looked at other options they don't make fabric banners this large.

The concern is the weight of these large banners is causing some of the grommets to pull out - plus, add the fact the kids that use the fields are probably shooting soccer balls and lacrosse balls at them for fun doesn't help. Just looking for any other options to reduce weight and/or increase durability. *And no, they don't want to hear about heavier banner material because they hang these themselves and they're too heavy as-is.

I appreciate any input you can offer, or suggestions on another wholesale vendor that could do this for us.

Thanks!

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We could to mesh for ya. 8oz might be a good fit. If grommets are ripping out, we could reinforce them or do pole pockets instead.
Update: We have 8 oz banner as well....just found some thru our vendor.

Last edited:

Andy D

I just did 26' x 26' 10oz.mesh banners with pole pockets top and bottom that hang between columns.
If you want any info, PM me.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure changing to a lighter weight banner will hold up against kids hitting them with all kinds of balls and stuff. Less meat for grommets to bite into. The pole pocket method seems the most logical appraoch.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Could you add webbing to the hem? That would reinforce the grommets and add additional support.

But an alternative is 8 or 10oz banner as offered by the MMs on here.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
My suggestion to him was adding a reinforcement to the hem. Not necessarily a webbing but even adding an 18oz backer to the hem...3 total layers would be great for preventing grommet rip-out.

CanuckSigns

I would try mesh, we did a job 4 years ago for some 30'x75' banners on the side of a parking garage, we used 8oz mesh and they are still hanging (we were told they were only to be up for 2 years, but we all know how that goes lol)

There is a significant weight reduction with 8oz mesh vs 13oz scrim.

I like the idea of fabric as well, but I think the cost would increase quite a bit.