Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Our A/C just went out.................

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by LearningTheProfession, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    Like signs?

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Spoken like a true southerner! HVAC repair is super simple, troubleshoot 90% of the system in 5 minutes, accessing it on the other hand will take the most time.

3. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    We have one with this feature, but probably once a month the hose gets obstructed enough to fill the reservoir to the point of cutting off the unit. Typically its a nice freezer of a room, but every so often you walk in and it feels like a defrosting cooler... Luckily it shuts off rather than backing up I suppose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. LearningTheProfession

LearningTheProfession New Member

May 26, 2020
    Fort Myers
    We rent a unit in a strip plaza. We don't have access, nor are we allowed on to the roof where our ac unit is.

5. peerlessdani

peerlessdani Member

Jun 4, 2020
    missouri
    I am saying you can't tell them its "x" when you have no idea what the problem is and not everyone is mechanically inclined with AC/heat units.

6. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Does your lease have some lines concerning habitability or provisions in case of utility outages? If so, you can argue that your unit is uninhabitable due to no A/C, and that you will be prorating next months rent for them!

7. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    You must have missed where I said "probably?" You become mechanically inclined by attempting to figure your problems out. Sounded like they were in a pinch so I threw out a very common problem that they could check and if they didn't know how to do it they could run over to google or youtube to figure it from there. If it were me, Id get up on the roof if it was at all possible but I don't have the patience to wait for days.
    What tex said can usually be done at ground level too.