• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our daughter leaving for college

Boomer

Well our daughter is heading off to college.It's going to be a major change since she is going to Hawaii Pacific University.Going from the east coast to, well, as far as you can go west in the U.S.She wanted to get out of Delaware and I guess that is getting out! Guess we will have to go visit though.

Keith Rae

Congratulations and sorry for your loss all at the same time. It Isn't any easier sending them to collage as it was letting go of their hand on the first day of kindergarten. Wish her best of luck with her studies.

Boomer

Thanks for the congrats...Like the saying goes "Time flies" and it does. I can remember the moment she was born like it was yesterday not 18 years ago. We have mixed emotions about her going so far away for college but the life experience she will get will hopefully be a good one.
Yeah, the wallet is going to get a workout.Thanks for meal plans and dorms.

GypsyGraphics

Boomer, are you empty-nesters now or do you still have kids at home? I'm sure not looking forward to the day mine start to move away.

Boomer

Hey Gypsy we are empty nesters now...just the 1 daughter.Now we have to find something else to do besides all star cheerleading year round.That has been our life for the last 7 years, plus 4 years prior of pop-warner.Well worth it though,she has won several championships and national titles.One good thing I get to watch football on weekends now!!

surf city

Congrats and well wishes to your daughter, hope she enjoys her college career. Was hard when my son first went away to college but hey they stay really well connected to your funding abilities.

1banner

You will find many things to fill the void...I have 4 kids -2 still in college and 2 living on their own. They always come back home to visit. Now starts the next chapter in both your lives, enjoy it!!

Boomer

Thanks for the well wishes...And yes my wife and I are looking forward to a new chapter in our lives.

Flame

Man dude. Cheerleader? Well to be honest the other day I ended up losing my phone number. So, just curious if I could have hers?

Boomer

HaHaHa....Flame...it's not like I have enough to worry about with her going to Hawaii now I got you wanting her digits too....LOL...no wonder most of my hair is gone and what I do have is white!!

Flame

Well I was figurin on vacationing to Hawaii in the near future. And figured that heck...since her Dad was a signmaker and all, and will probably be missing him.........she wouldn't mind hanging out with a fun, attractive signmaker more her age. :) :) :)

Boomer

I'm gonna have to get Isign to keep an eye on her for us!!But thanks for the thought!Oh BTW her Aunt is a Commander in the Coast Guard she said she would send the Coasties in if she needed it.

iSign

yep.. old decrepit married guys make great babe sitters.. flame proofing your cherished youth... until the Coasties arrive :)

iSign

sure... a couple beers & the watchdog in me will take his eye off the prize.. sorry Boomer... it was a triple stout... what could I say

Boomer

Too funny...
@ Flame...your too cheap!
@ iSign...your too easy!
Thats it,the wife said to call in the Coasties!!

Flame

Too funny...
@ Flame...your too cheap!
@ iSign...your too easy!
Thats it,the wife said to call in the Coasties!!

I'm flying to Hawaii to visit someone I've never met and buying beers for a dude I have ALSO never met...

I ain't cheap :) Just adventurous.