• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our future musicians

Techman

Some high school kids playing at Michigan State University. The kids high school Jazz Orchestra won a state level competition. The reward was to play a gig at the MSU Professors' Jazz concert at Fairchild Theater at MSU..

http://youtu.be/ZGAy_847N3w
The alto (little size) sax kid is a 14 yr old Freshman..
The trombone kid is 15,,
NExt is.. my son is the dark haired tenor (medium size) sax player doing his award winning solo.
I hope you like it.

PS: most of those kids are not old enough to drive,,,

TwoNine

Good stuff - It's nice to see them not playing it with some kind of video game controller or keyboard. Very cool - and I'm sure you're very proud as you should be!

My dad used to play the alto for years and was very, very good - traveled with some band for a long time. Not sure who it was though. That is one thing that I wish I had learned from him - but....

Anyway - thank you for sharing!
-Chad

C

Tigertron

Nice! My son played the baritone sax in high school. I'm so glad they haven't cut band from the electives. Very little left for the kids to enjoy nowadays.