• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our local newspaper is worried!

Happyprinter

Check out the article that appeared in Fridays edition. Just to give you a little background, we are a town of 13,000 and currently have 2 - 4'x8' LED's and 3-2 x 5',Tri colors in town. :ROFLMAO:Don't know how to attach a web site so look up www.uintacountyherald.com. It is short and worth reading. Let me know your thoughts on their take on EMC signs.

binki

Your local paper should be more worried their website is down. :omg:

but really? "Is Evanston becoming a 'mini Las Vegas?'"

Happyprinter

Keep trying. You'll get a laugh out of this article, " Is Evanston becoming a mini Las Vegas"
Here is the address again, www.uintacountyherald.com. And if you feel so inclined, and it would be appreciated, a quick letter to the editor on your views concerning this article. I have spoken to the publisher and will be submitting a letter this week. I would love to see the newspaper drowned in letters to the editor from the sign industry. This is a nationally owned paper and this kind of thinking is very damaging to our industry. Thanks

visual800

It pulled up for me and I gotta tell you I do NOT like led boards. I think they are tacky and distracting as hell. The article is funny though. I wish they would ban these signs

bikecomedy

While communities have sign ordinances to protect the public from the atrocity of way-finding wouldn't it be nice to have ordinances to stop reporters from creating fear based half-truth stories to sell newspapers? Oh wait, it's done on the basis of pointing out the villain and proclaiming themselves a hero for saving the public from such atrocities as way-finding... my bad.. thanks for saving the day Deborah Demander! :snarky