• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our Logo...

signmastercape

Hello all! I'm new here & this is my first post. This is our logo that we are currently using & have been using for about a year now. Just thought I would throw it out there for a little critique from my peers.
Also the logo design in my profile pic is a secondary version I use as well...
Cheers!

image-3887689935.jpg

Marlene

the big "S" has some weird shapes where it crosses over the background. (see areas circled in red). the font for the name looks crushed and squeezed and dated. the combination of tht forced, crushed look & the oversized "S" just makes me not want to look at it or try to read it. the date is the opposit and is too spaced out and the font just feels weak. I hate the LLC hanging out there like it is. it takes a creative person to add one of those so that it looks good and I would expect to see a sign shop know how to do that and not just plunk it down after the name. the overall balance is bad. it is heavy on the left side and weak on the right side. when doing asymmetrical layout, it is doesn't work so well on a very symmetical background as it just looks off instead of intentional.

sorry to be so blunt on your very first post, but you did ask and I'd hate to tell you how great it is when it isn't.

Attachments

• image-3887689935.jpg
    image-3887689935.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 93

signmastercape

LOL! Now tell me how you really feel... :)
I appreciate the opinion, that's why I posted it here. Although I won't be changing anything about it, because I really like it & have gotten lots of good feedback from my customers here. I want it to look kinda old and outdated.
Thanks for the post!

ucmj22

welcome from southern Illinois.

it does look mashed together when you look at the thumbnail. There isnt really anything special about it, but it isnt terrible

Brandon708

signmastercape

Admittedly, I am a bit hard headed... :-/

Even though I have been in graphic design for 15+ years, I know I still have ALOT to learn. I really don't mind critiques & they don't upset me or anything. I probably shouldn't have posted the logo, because like I said I'm pretty branded with it at this point. I will change it up in a couple years & then I will return here for some opinions.

On the other hand I am glad to find this resource & I have already learned quite a few new thing just browsing some old threads.

Cheers!

HulkSmash

You're and odd one...

15+ years in Graphic Design and you're putting stars on the side of your logo...
also "master" is floating and has nothing to line up to.. why not at least bottom align it with the stars so it actually relates to something else in the design..