• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our National Anthem

David Wright

I just saw it on youtube. What a total display of ego and terribly sung
and yodeled. Next time channel Judy Garland.

Si Allen

Sheeeesh!

Maybe I'll sound racist on this one. Why does every white singer think that he/she has to sound like Snoop Doggy Poop? or whoever in the hell the new rap/crap singers are.

10sacer

Do a search for Jim Cornelison... does the C'go Blackhawks and did the Bears/Seahawks. Thats what its supposed to be...

Marlene

Tenor Daniel Rodriguez

thanks Mike, that's the guy. he should sing it every time it is needed to be sung. when some one like him sings our Anthem, it brings tears to your eyes, warms your heart with pride and just makes you glad to be an American. when Christina Ag sang it, it brought tears to people's eyes but for all the wrong reasons. it's the one song that isn't to be sung with your own take on it, it is to be sung with the respect it is due.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
thanks Mike, that's the guy. he should sing it every time it is needed to be sung. when some one like him sings our Anthem, it brings tears to your eyes, warms your heart with pride and just makes you glad to be an American. when Christina Ag sang it, it brought tears to people's eyes but for all the wrong reasons. it's the one song that isn't to be sung with your own take on it, it is to be sung with the respect it is due.

I think I even had a trickle of blood streaming down from my ears because of that catastrophe............. hurting ears.jpg

drive

I believe in the truth of advertising:
"Now to sing her interpretation of the national anthem........", should have been the proper announcement.
Then we know what to expect and the NFL acknowledges what they are doing to us by letting performers do what they please to what should really be a sacred and patriotic ritual.

Flame

Posted on my Facebook: Christine Aguilera, is an over the top, awesome musician, singer, song writer and excellent human being in general. She missed a small lyric segment at the Super Bowl while singing... and now those pretentious critical humans, who can barely contribute a decent handshake to their neighbors ... rip her apart. Get over it, she made an error ... wonder how many errors all you, up in arms people ... make daily, hourly ...

Directed at no one ... general statement.

Well she kinda of had a few million people watching her make our national anthem sound like ****, so whatever. She may be a cool person, just looked like **** and sang like **** that particular night.

Not that I cared, I didn't even watch the game, was out having fun that night. But had to watch the vid of her sing, and....yah you know my opinion. lol

btropical.com

some guys like fat girls others skinny , some big butts some flat , some big rack some small rack , please lord don't make all chics the same would get real boring

Brandon708

[/COLOR]

It's rude all the same....

STAND UP,TAKE OF HAT, IF SOME ONE CAN'T STAND LEND A HAND, THEN PUT HAND ON HEART. it's not that hard

Your absolutely right. I only cheer during the end. I don't see the point in making noise during the entire national anthem. I was only pointing out the performance of the singer.

Custom Bob

Nascar is guilty of having different hacks sing the Anthem too.
They all have to add there own little twist to it.
Sing it like it was written, period!
I say it should be sung by our Military Servicemen.
I've never heard them screw it up.
Sure Christina made a mistake. But she IS a Professional singer.

Joe Diaz

One can change the key, tempo, the arrangement, the phrasing, but the notes are the notes and they, and they alone, define the work.

HUH??? You say that you believe you should be able to change the key, tempo, arrangement, phrasing, but not the notes? That doesn't make any sense. Because notes include some of those things you mentioned, not just the changing pitch.

Besides FSC didn't write the tune of the song. He wrote a poem that went with an old English drinking song.

I personally have no problem with musicians taking artistic liberties with a song, as long as it is still pleasant to the ear. Some of the my favorite memorable national anthem moments involved singers doing something new or different. I love hearing the anthem with harmonies. Harmonies that were not original to the song.

Sometimes when singers take artistic liberties, It doesn't alway work out that great, but I've always felt that the meaning of the song transcends how any one person sings it, and the fact that we have the freedom to sing it anyway we want to, pays the ultimate tribute to the true meaning of the song.

In my opinion, music is an art, not a science. The feeling and the message is more important than the notes.