• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our new production addition.

So had to bite the bullet and got the HP Scitex LX 800. Seemed to be a perfect fit with our current production machines and establishing new capabilities as well as staying on top of the latest in technology and what some of our clients require for there print needs. We have 2 global clients that will now not accept any solvent or UV curable printing for anything.

"As the largest, most productive HP Latex Ink device to date, the HP Scitex LX800 Printer sets a new image-quality standard for the industrial large-format market. It features roll-to-free fall, roll-to-collector and dual-roll (up to two 1.52-m/60-inch rolls) capabilities. The LX800 also produces high-quality output with 1,200 dpi resolution at production speeds up to 88 sqm/hr. (947 sqft/hr.) for outdoor billboards and 45 sqm/hr. (484 sqft/hr.) for indoor applications."

Will be up and running hopefully in 2 weeks. Please shoot me an email for sample kit.

Rooster

Congrats on the addition. If you don't mind my asking, what were the issues your clients have with UV curable? Solvent I can understand due to the environmental issues, but isn't UV curable is supposed to be known for it's lower environmental impact?

UV cure is about as safe as you can get. However it still does leech VOC's. based on all lab tests we have done per request of our clients.

We have immediate applications for direct contact with kids and educational tools as well as direct applications in the food and beverage industries of which any printing applications albeit solvent and UV cure are no longer acceptable.

Everyday banner and exterior apps for both solvent and uv cure are more than acceptable and we do use both in production all day everyday...

Merritt as a company needs to adapt to all and roll with technology and clients/partners requirements as needed....

Rooster

Thanks for the reply. I'm kind of shocked that latex ink is considered the safest. Especially considering how many times I've been asked if I have a latex allergy.

Live and learn.

CheapVehicleWrap

Latex allergies are pretty rare, but you can become latex sensitive at any time in your life. I saw it happen to someone who always had to wear latex gloves at work.

Congrats on the new rig!

binki

i love merritt and i love working with erin. keep up the good work. oustanding product, outstanding price, outstanding service.

OldPaint

i was never allergic to any latex.........till they did a heart cath. they went in at my right wrist, and they put a pressure type bandage on it. they used that tape that looks like an ACE BANDAGE, but with adhesive that i guess is some kind of latex. it was ok for the 1st 24-48 hours. then it started to itch, and then i got these blisters popped up like poison ivy does on most people. they finally changed it to a paper tape, but i kid you not, the scars from the blisters, was there long after the cut they made was gone!!!!!