• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our new website is up and running!

Joe Diaz

I don't think I would technically call it finished however. It will never be finished as we plan on really developing and adding to this site as we go, which I believe will be a great way to keep the site fresh. The news and case studies sections will be where we add to the site the most.

diazmedia.net

I realize the flash parts of the site may trigger some of the anti-flash folks out there, so I thought I would address that now. I used flash because I believed it was necessary for this particular design. I believe the way I used it will create a memorable experience for some people, and I also have utilized a javascript that will replace all flash content with its non-flash counterparts if that person doesn't have flash or has it turned off.

The entire websites gallery will also be available on flicker in order to provide a non-flash way of viewing our work and also as a way to use flicker as a networking tool.

I am also currently developing a mobile version of the site that will not only not use flash, but way more importantly, will also be designed to look great on smaller screens and be much lighter. I will use a script that will detect if a person is using one of those devices and automatically swap the theme of the site with the mobile version.

This site is quite a bit different from our diazsignart.com site. I have always used our diazmedia brand as a way to try new things and experiment. If all goes well, and the site is well received, we will eventually rebuild our sign shop's site to be more like this one.

jiarby

dont like the tumbling blocks, kinda just a script gimmick. your work doesn't need that kind of schtick

Craig Sjoquist

lol awesome site oh yeah those tumbling blocks very creative being able to move your mouse and move the blocks suppose there is a way to increase size .. At first was wondering then awesome great way to get customer to do something and still see your work lol

Anyway you hit on a outstanding idea and made it well.

Joe Diaz

lol awesome site oh yeah those tumbling blocks very creative being able to move your mouse and move the blocks suppose there is a way to increase size .. At first was wondering then awesome great way to get customer to do something and still see your work lol

Anyway you hit on a outstanding idea and made it well.

Yeah I need to have it so when you hover your mouse over the blocks it says something like "click here to zoom in". I'll play with that tonight.

2972renfro

The tumbling blocks detracts from the professionalism exhibited throughout the site. Not everyone wants to wait for them to stop tumbling to see them all and many landed upside down. Don't like it at all

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I like it, and what's great is you are adapting to make a mobile site with no flash... covering your bases and using the tools you have to be creative.... very impressed with the site.. not too wordy, loaded fast, I enjoyed it.

Joe Diaz

Here you guys loud and clear on the block gallery. I think what I might do is allow users to pick what type of gallery format they can view our work in. One option will be the existing gallery, the other would be a more traditional gallery. It will take me a little while to get that up and going. In the meantime any other thoughts or opinions other than the gallery?

iSign

I looked at the websites gallery.. was hoping to see my site & was very proud that you included it... all your sites looked great. If seen that idea of placing those images on a laptop screen... looks cool!

fmg

You have some amazing work there Ol Boy!. However the blocks kind of reminded me of a game of Tetris and was waiting for the infamous tune to start playing.
Blocks a NO GO!!!

showcase 66

I left your site up after showing my son the blocks. I came back 15 mins later and he was still messing around with them. He said it was better than tetris...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I looked at the websites gallery.. was hoping to see my site & was very proud that you included it... all your sites looked great. If seen that idea of placing those images on a laptop screen... looks cool!

Hey Joey............

Based upon what Doug has said.... do you mean you are using peoples' work that you haven't gotten permission to use ??

Isn't that a bit forward ?? I thought one had to get written permission to use any or all parts of their customer's ad campaigns of any sorts.

I had a guy a long time ago ask me to remove HIS stuff from my gallery because he didn't want to advertise along side of others in such a display. He was an upscale 'Funeral Home' and did not want to be associated with the others and after checking with our lawyer... found out that we have to have signatures on all pictures..... or files being used for OUR advertisements in whatever fashion we use.

SignManiac

Have to agree with others Joe. I too found the tumbling blocks more of a distraction. The site itself is outstanding as well as the portfolio. I'm sure what you're trying to convey is design firm and you really did pull it off. I like that it doesn't feel and scream sign company, although it's there in the site.

You sure have come a long way!!!