• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our New Work Table..

Sven

We just built this. It's 10'x4'x3'.
1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Pretty nice. I wouldn't mind working on the top tier, but that middle one or the bottom one would be back-breaking for me...... and I'm not even tall. :rock-n-roll:

rjssigns

Well aren't you just the little handyman?! JK Looks nice. Seems to be fairly light too using plywood for reinforcing.

2B

looking good, like the slotted angle iron idea for easy assembly

what are you going to use for the cutting surface?

Sven

looking good, like the slotted angle iron idea for easy assembly

what are you going to use for the cutting surface?

Thanks, we got a 10'x4' rhino cutting mat from speedpress. It's on the table in the pics..

Sven

I prefer a cutting mat with a grid, but that's a great looking table. I like the angle iron corners, as well. Wish I had thought of that when we built our tables.

Thanks. Yeah, we're gonna print a grid when I get a printer.. I wasn't sure if the angle iron would be sturdy enough, but it worked out great. Also, the heavy duty locking casters are key.

phototec

WOW, nice production table - one of the best designs I have seen, over the years I have collected images of about 30 different types of tables, so last year when I made a new table, I incorporated many different ideas into my table. I only made one shelf on the bottom, great for storage.

I like the fact you can make all three levels exactly the same and just the add casters to the bottom level (shelf), and if you ever need to un-assemble the table to relocate or move through small door ways (even move up stairs), just un-bolt the slotted angle iron corners (which can also be 4 of the exact same parts), and transport the separate pieces.

Good Job!

:clapping: :rock-n-roll: :thumb: Thank you for sharing!

Josh Klassen

Glass vs. cutting mat?

At the shop I work at we use glass for a cutting surface. It is always getting damaged from dull blades and cracks from dropping things. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how a Rhino cutting mat compares?