• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Out of practice...

ucmj22

Couldn't even get one side done in this 45 min time lapse... time to get back in the game.

[video=youtube_share;2GXUzl-FruQ]http://youtu.be/2GXUzl-FruQ[/video]

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Better late , than never.

All good things take time. Don't fret the little things.

reQ

Quality work... that all it matters, at least to me. If i would have to choose between "faster" or "better", i pick "better" any day :)

ucmj22

I did 6 vehicles and trailers and only had one mistake after not touching vinyl for over a year, so I'm relatively happy with it, especially since it was all reflective vinyl applied in sub 50° temps. This guy bought wraps from a company I worked for a couple years ago, but just bought in to a franchise and had to change all of his vehicles. It was one of my better wrap designs so I was sad to see it go, especially replaced by this... Design, but it's all about the green at this point.

ucmj22

Here is a finished van. It will do the job mainly because of the Orange color branding and all the reflective, but it could have been so much better... I mean, they used Arial...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 136

kanini

Is it just eyeballing in the lenghtwise placement of the graphic? Otherwise it looks great when finished!

iSign

Is it just eyeballing in the lengthtwise placement of the graphic? Otherwise it looks great when finished!

naaah... I think it was strategically controlled mediocrity that he had to adhere to... the worst to me, is the secondary info on the back! Yellow perf with the 911 name on top would be my first grievance if a client made me do this

Nice job on the time lapse ucmj22
Can i do that standard on an iPhone? or with an app? ...or is it probably in standard settings on my cannon powershot?

ucmj22

naaah... I think it was strategically controlled mediocrity that he had to adhere to... the worst to me, is the secondary info on the back! Yellow perf with the 911 name on top would be my first grievance if a client made me do this

Nice job on the time lapse ucmj22
Can i do that standard on an iPhone? or with an app? ...or is it probably in standard settings on my cannon powershot?

I used the hyperlapse app on my iphone

ucmj22

Is there a reason you hinged it, then spit the middle? I usually do that as one piece

The length of the decal coupled with the height of the install. I didnt want to run the risk of jacking it up especially since I dont have a shop and the decals were sent from the other side of the country. With 35 deg air temps and reflective vinyl, one mistake and its over.

letterman7

I'd be looking at at least 45 minutes for that between the prep and application. Not only you said it was cold, but you had to take the rivet/screws out and re-install and deal with reflective...

dlndesign

Good work for getting back into the game. Did the vinyl react at all differently in the colder weather? Unfortunately I don't have experience with cold, just heat and how it turns some vinyl into taffy. I'd like to hear any cold weather stories of installing vinyl.

http://www.cmykthis.com