• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Out of town installation

PatrickC

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while, and I think this is a great forum. I have a question about out of town installation. We are based in Los Angeles, but we do have inquiries from out of town (as far as Florida, New York, Missouri, etc.). Except couple of customers who explicitly asked for not to include installation, most asked me to include installation. As of now, I only have couple of installers (one full time and the other part time), and I can't send them for out-of-town installation unless it's a large fleet job.

I had my salesperson contacting the installers from 3M web site, but very few replied, and some of their rates are ridiculous; $70 per hour or $1,000 per car (for a relatively small one and partial wrap). One of them even asked us to let them contact the customer directly, and I wasn't dumb to do so.

I would like to know what you guys do in my situation. Thanks in advance.

HulkSmash

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while, and I think this is a great forum. I have a question about out of town installation. We are based in Los Angeles, but we do have inquiries from out of town (as far as Florida, New York, Missouri, etc.). Except couple of customers who explicitly asked for not to include installation, most asked me to include installation. As of now, I only have couple of installers (one full time and the other part time), and I can't send them for out-of-town installation unless it's a large fleet job.

I had my salesperson contacting the installers from 3M web site, but very few replied, and some of their rates are ridiculous; $70 per hour or $1,000 per car (for a relatively small one and partial wrap). One of them even asked us to let them contact the customer directly, and I wasn't dumb to do so.

I would like to know what you guys do in my situation. Thanks in advance.

$70 an hr is a GREAT price. some charge per sqft, depending on the vehicle..

MikePro

wallpaper installers here in the midwest get roughly $70/hr... and that's just paper-mache, tbh! you're getting a STEAL at that rate for vehicle wrappers.

Premier Wraps

So you would do a VW Beetle at $2.50 a sft and a box truck at $2.50 a sft.? Just wondering.

Not at all. $2.50 is a base. Flat with rivets is cheaper. Flat no rivets is cheaper then that. Ya go up on the hardness level the price goes up. Just depends on the installation. But a VW isn't that hard at all. So yea, I'd prob charge $2.50