• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

outdoor 46 stoping in mid print

I am running flexisign 8.6 v2. A outdoor 46, A 64 bit os pc runing vista.
I have problem with very largeprints. one I am tring to print now is 45"x 60" 1440 x 1440 in high quality. it will print about 8 passes then stop for 15 secounds then parks at the capping staition. It never starts again.

I have used a usb to par adaptor and also used a print server on eithernet. both do the same.

smaller prints work fine,

Thanks

chorca

I've had some interesting problems with that. Most of my prints will work fine, though some do stop randomly. However, if they stop, it's usually when i'm printing multiples of something and it happens somewhere in the middle of the set, so I don't think it's the actual file causing the issue. However, I have seen flexi have TONS of errors on files for stupid reasons, and have really odd responses (Production manager won't respond, flexi will crash, no output from the printer, won't RIP)

So is it only this one print, or do other large prints make it past that limit?

BobCap

Stopping mid print.

I had the same problem with my Rockhopper 38.

Drove me nutz.

Then a guy I was talking to in England said he had the same problem until he connected a UPS into the system.

I then ran to Worst Buy grabbed the biggest one they had. Plugged in the system....no more stopping!

Unfortunately the UPS is not big enough for the printer (I believe the heaters draw too much current). I just put up with a beep when it starts up. No big deal...

Bob Cap
AAI
Gilbert, MN

Fine Designs

Stopping mid print.

What is a "ups"?

Drove me nutz.

Then a guy I was talking to in England said he had the same problem until he connected a UPS into the system.

I then ran to Worst Buy grabbed the biggest one they had. Plugged in the system....no more stopping!

Unfortunately the UPS is not big enough for the printer (I believe the heaters draw too much current). I just put up with a beep when it starts up. No big deal...

Bob Cap
AAI
Gilbert, MN

FINBAR

Printer stopping

Drove me nutz.

Bob Cap
AAI
Gilbert, MN
I had a similar problem with a Rockhopper 38
and it was solved by increasing the Power supply voltage
from the (manufacturer's) 4.8 up to 5.2.
There had been a modification to the power board in those
machines but they failed to alter the "pot" setting to give the 5.2 voltage.
No problems since.