• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outdoor Digital Media

kelly r

I know this comes up a lot, reason for me using 3751, 3951 or Avery 1005. I called to order and the sales guy suggested 3551. He said all the other is overkill. I don’t wrap and a lot of the surfaces are flat that I install on. I do a lot of truck doors and machinery. The more I got reading about 3551 I may consider it! I’m also going Matte this time. I laminate in gloss but the print looks much better on matte.
Any thoughts on 3551? I didn’t see many recent posts about it.

signheremd

I know this comes up a lot, reason for me using 3751, 3951 or Avery 1005. I called to order and the sales guy suggested 3551. He said all the other is overkill. I don’t wrap and a lot of the surfaces are flat that I install on. I do a lot of truck doors and machinery. The more I got reading about 3551 I may consider it! I’m also going Matte this time. I laminate in gloss but the print looks much better on matte.
Any thoughts on 3551? I didn’t see many recent posts about it.
We use 3551 all the time for decals, but always use 3951 and Arlon SLX Cast Wrap for wraps. The 3551 is a good material, prints well, consistent. We prefer the longer life of the 3951... paired with the proper laminate (290 or Arlon 3270).

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I take it you mean orajet 3551? We used to use a LOT of it. It’s great for flat surfaces and is nice and easy to install. Wouldn’t use it for any wraps (pretty sure the spec sheet even mentions not to use it on curves) but it has been a while.

Snydo

It's a quality product, strong adhesion to most surfaces. I had to remove a bunch one time for a rebrand and holy hell it was a major PITA to take off.

kroger

I take it you mean orajet 3551? We used to use a LOT of it. It’s great for flat surfaces and is nice and easy to install. Wouldn’t use it for any wraps (pretty sure the spec sheet even mentions not to use it on curves) but it has been a while.
Yes Orajet. Now do you use 290 laminate with it? I usually do flat areas. But I do apply over rivets now and then.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Actually, I think the spec sheet says that it can be used on rivets and curves, just make sure you use a cast laminate if you do that. It's pretty much the same as IJ40C but 3m doesn't list it as being able to go over rivets. I use it all the time and just alter the laminate between 215 and 290 depending on the application, same with IJ40c which can use 8508 or 8518 (or different sheens)