• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

outdoor dry erase vinyl?

painterjrm

I put some Avery dry erase vinyl on a customer's A-frame sign to advertise daily specials. The tech sheet says it's good outdoors. It also says it is for indoor use only. The markers leave a ghost when subjected to elements, UV light in particular. The ghosting doesn't look that bad unless you stick your nose in the sign, which he does. Pickiest dude on the face of the earth. I tried cleaning it with adhesive remover, which seems to work, but I am concerned that repeated cleaning will reduce the erasable properties of the film. Any suggestions on a long-term fix?

tattoo.dan

When I do outdoor dry erase boards for golf clubs I just print on regular calendared vinyl and laminate with oracal 210. Works pretty good for dry erase. I have tried other overlams, and oracal seems to work the best for me anyway