Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

outdoor dry erase vinyl?

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by painterjrm, Mar 27, 2013.

1. painterjrm

painterjrm New Member

Dec 2, 2009
    edinboro, pa
    I put some Avery dry erase vinyl on a customer's A-frame sign to advertise daily specials. The tech sheet says it's good outdoors. It also says it is for indoor use only. The markers leave a ghost when subjected to elements, UV light in particular. The ghosting doesn't look that bad unless you stick your nose in the sign, which he does. Pickiest dude on the face of the earth. I tried cleaning it with adhesive remover, which seems to work, but I am concerned that repeated cleaning will reduce the erasable properties of the film. Any suggestions on a long-term fix?

Tags:
  2. Mike F

Mike F Active Member

May 11, 2011
    Vandal Guard.

3. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Dry erase outdoors? What happens in the rain? LOL

4. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    It runs:omg::Big Laugh

5. tattoo.dan

tattoo.dan Active Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern Il
    When I do outdoor dry erase boards for golf clubs I just print on regular calendared vinyl and laminate with oracal 210. Works pretty good for dry erase. I have tried other overlams, and oracal seems to work the best for me anyway