Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

outdoor falcon 62 No Black INK?

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by mharrison, Jul 28, 2008.

1. mharrison

mharrison Member

Mar 11, 2008
    I have read the forums concerning my problem but I not sure what steps I should take first. I printed (10) 3 x 8 banners last week and when I was done I did a complete cleaning. After that on friday I printed a color print just after cleaning before the weekend. I left my printer on like always with rollers up and media out. I came in today to print (4) 3 x 6 banners and I was not getting the proper colors. I ran a nozle check to verify this. Please any help would be appreciated.

Martin

Tags:
  2. mharrison

mharrison Member

Mar 11, 2008
    any input?

3. schurms

schurms Member

Dec 8, 2006
    If no black on nozzle check, check if black is low or out. Low can cause you to lose you prime. Do a wash if still no black hook a syringe to you cap station and pull black through cap.
    PS Make sure your Rip does not have your black turned off for some reason.

4. mharrison

mharrison Member

Mar 11, 2008
    how do you hook a syringe to cap station? I have 3 clear lines that come out the back of the machine and into a bottle. Where would I check in my rip to make sure black is not off. Im using Flexi 8.5 with production manager. Im new at this and my printer is about 6 mon old. thanks for your input

5. mharrison

mharrison Member

Mar 11, 2008
    more input please.

6. toddot

toddot Member

Sep 11, 2007
    I have purchased extra hose online and sometimes I need to
    attach a short length and suck the ink thru the dampers.
    Just remove the hose from one of the dampers and attach a short
    length of hose (12"-14") to it and carefully suck the ink thru but be careful
    not to drink it. Believe me, it does not taste very good.
    The whole time leaving your carriage in the "park" position.
    Then remove the hose and reattach the old hose and run a nozzle check.
    This may be a sign that your maintenance station is on its way out.
    Good Luck

7. mharrison

mharrison Member

Mar 11, 2008
    My printer is now up and running. Thanks for all the help. The problem was that there were two sodier diods on the mother board one for each print head. Each head fires three inks and one of my heads was not even firing. After checking them out with a multi meter I was able to find out which one was bad. I purchased the new ones at a local electrical warehouse for $2.50 ea. I un sodiered the one and installed the new. Everything work great know. Hope this information can hel someone else. I now will have the new Mutoh 1614 Printer on the way. Its time for two printers.

Martin

8. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Member

Mar 29, 2008
    your welcome Martin....................

9. Compilla

Compilla Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    the grillin’ season has been underway for a couple weeks, but yesterday we kicked it up a notch…
    We got a new grill!

Do you offer any discount on Propane for S101 members ?

LOL

10. mo_alhawary

mo_alhawary Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Egybt
    Hi
    do you have a photo of the diods on the mother board ?