• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

outdoor jr lockup

dbrianson

I have a falcon outdoor jr that is locked up somehow, I turn on the power and the interface panel has all the lights lit up and the display is half of a progress bar, the bottom display shows the heaters doing their startup check but other than that the printer does nothing. Any ideas.

ahollow

Try booting into self-diagnosis mode first, then turning off and back on.

Press and hold the [Head Cleaning] key, [Menu Display] key, and [Shift] key simultaneously.
While holding down these keys, press the [POWER] key.
The system will enter the self-diagnosis mode and display the self-diagnosis menu.

Don't do anything more unless you have the service manual handy. If you don't have one, search this board for a link to it.

dbrianson

I have tried to boot into diagnostics but the panel does nothing and just stays with all lights on, not button works.

Attachments

• IMG00039.jpg
    IMG00039.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 121
P

ProWraps™

make sure that your drain hole for the spitoon pad didnt clog and overflow your spitoons to fry the board.

dbrianson

every light in the panel is on, this thing is completly locked up, where do i check to see if the main board had an overflow onto it? This unit belongs to a friend of mine who is in the sign business and i'm trying to help her get it going if possible. She said it started giving an error code at one point but she ignored it and unplugged and replugged the power to clear the error, then it worked. She never did write down which error it was giving. Now the whole thing is a large piece of plastic that takes up space and cost around 15K.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Is it a "Y" error code? If so, you have an obstruction near the capping station. Also check the retainer clip were the print head returns to the capping station. May also want to check your "Door Open" micro switch.

rdm01

WOW! It must a been a long day. When I read the title, I failed to read the forum. I took it as "Outdoor Juvenile Lockup!" As in a wilderness camp for young criminals or something.

Sorry for distracting you all, back to topic!