• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outdoor paint - Primed Cinder Block Wall

dbern50

Hi,

I have an approved design from a client.I'm quoting them but I'm unsure of which materials to use. Image is attached for reference. I am just starting with the center bay graphics, if that goes well, the client may want the additional side graphics.

My plan was to do the following:

Top Center Logo 104" x 30" - Digitally Printed on 3M 480. Luster Lam (That's what I have available).

Bottom Center Graphic 128" x 77" - I want to paint this. I am not sure what paint to buy. The wall is painted. I want to overlap two pieces of 54" paint mask horizontally.

1. Will paint mask adhere well to this wall for this purpose?
2. If yes, what kind of paint should I use?
3. What's the best way to apply this?
2. Other suggestions?

Any help is welcome. Thanks.

Attachments

• Pilot Imaging_Proof.jpg
    Pilot Imaging_Proof.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 275

studio 440

Hi,

I have an approved design from a client.I'm quoting them but I'm unsure of which materials to use. Image is attached for reference. I am just starting with the center bay graphics, if that goes well, the client may want the additional side graphics.

My plan was to do the following:

Top Center Logo 104" x 30" - Digitally Printed on 3M 480. Luster Lam (That's what I have available).

Bottom Center Graphic 128" x 77" - I want to paint this. I am not sure what paint to buy. The wall is painted. I want to overlap two pieces of 54" paint mask horizontally.

1. Will paint mask adhere well to this wall for this purpose?
2. If yes, what kind of paint should I use?
3. What's the best way to apply this?
2. Other suggestions?

Any help is welcome. Thanks.
black paint and a brush

visual800

damn! that is going to be one hell of a mask for that picture. IMO that pic is to detailed to be painted off a mask. As long as I have been painting walls I wouldnt attempt this and if I did it would be so high they counlnt afford it

My suggestion is to do the pic on a substrate and install on the wall, its already cut on an oval and it would make no difference.

Johnny Best

Overhead projector at night, trace by hand with a pencil, some people prefer sharpies, all the detail of the art, go back next day with brush and black paint. Some would do it with Nova colors (Nova Color Artists' Acrylic Paint- Buy Online Artists Acrylic Paint & Mediums Art Supplies Shop Online) which is a water based acyrlic paint or others would use One Shot, or Ronan which are oil based enamels.
I personally would hand paint the logo and artwork with a pounce pattern for both and be done with it in a day. Never used paint masks that much so can't help you with that.